Two

Greyson Walker

My head was ready to explode by the time I collapsed onto my own bed. Killian was nice enough to offer me to stay or give me a ride home, but father's second lesson was to never reveal where you live. So I left his apartment and called a cab. No numbers or last names were exchanged, which was probably for the best seeing that I will not have time for guys when classes start on Monday. I had spent my entire summer trying to ignore Preston, my brother, and my own anxiety. Last night was the perfect end to a shit summer, and I will probably never have to see him again.

Pissed was an understatement. Being woken up at 6:00AM on a Saturday morning by an aggressive knock on the door was NOT how I wanted to start my morning, but Sam's way or no way.

I shuffle to the door of my apartment as she continues to beat down my door. I swing it open and she rushes inside.

"Explain yourself!"

I blink a dozen times, then head straight to the kitchen for coffee. I needed coffee.

"Greyson."

I hold my finger up, pleading for just a moment of silence as I started the coffee pot. She allowed me silence as the pot brewed and poured into my mug. I hmmed as the first sip hit my soul.

"Now," she flopped onto the couch, "Explain yourself."

I take a seat next to her, folding my legs under me, "What do I need to explain?"

Her eyes widened, "Are you shitting me? Amelia has one night stands with strangers... I even may have a one night stand with a stranger like twice a year... you NEVER have a one night stand PERIOD. What the hell happened and who is this wizard of a man?"

I laugh, taking another sip, "No one. Which makes it great. I have no idea who he was, Sam."

She smirks, "Was it good?"

"The best," I nod, "I am not even going to lie about it. I think I blacked out at one point," I saw her face and corrected myself, "In a good way."

She rested her hand on my arm, "I am a proud momma bear."

I finish the last of my coffee, "I have to get dressed," I take my mug to the sink.

"For what?"

Glancing at the clock, I mentally create an agenda for the day realizing I have enough time for a shower and a breakfast stop before I have to meet with Hillary, "I have that meeting thing today."

Sam rolls her eyes, "Do you want to meet for lunch?"

"I should be done by noon. Cafe?"

She nods, walking to the front door, "Good luck."

"Thank you."

The front door opened and closed, leaving me alone to take my scalding hot shower in peace. This meeting would determine if all of my hard work was worth it or not. One person could change the course of the rest of my life. I wasted an entire year before I finally decided to pursue law. I have always had a passion for law, especially growing up in my household. After my brother started a super successful company, I knew that I had to do something commendable with my life.

I shuffle through my clothes trying to find the most professional outifit I own. I land on a navy blue pantsuit set with beige heels and gold jewelry. The navy complemented my red hair as I tied it halfway up.

Hillary was already waiting for me when I arrived, fifteen minutes before our scheduled meeting time.

"Greyson, nice to see you again."