Nine

Greyson Walker

For an entire week and a half, Killian ignored my existence- in and out of the classroom. I had run into him twice this past week off campus. Once at the grocery store and once at the gas station. Both times it was as if I were a complete stranger to him. It was now Fiday, which meant Lecture would be short and probably consist of a test. 

"Happy Friday," Killian tossed a stack of papers on the front empty table, "Grab a packet, pass them, start on it, and turn it in when you are finished. Then you may leave and enjoy your weekend."

My packet was passed to me and I completed it rather quickly, but I did not want to be the first to turn in it. I skimmed over the pages double checking my work. A few other students had turned theirs in and dismissed themselves. Seth, sitting on the opposite side of the room, finally turned his in as well. I rushed after him, laying my packet on top of the stack. 

"Are you busy tonight?"

I smiled at his question, "It depends, am I?"

"You are now," he smirked, launching his backpack onto his shoulder, "There is a frat party tonight at the OX. I will pick you up around ten?"

Nodding, "Sounds good."

"Perfect," he leaned over to kiss my cheek, "See you then."

I wanted to see if Killian was watching, but he hadn't payed me any attention this long, so why would he now? I never turned to face him before leaving the classroom. The group message between me, Sam, and Amelia had fifteen unread messages on my screen. They both wanted a girls night, but I had to tell them I already had plans.

At 9:51PM, I check my outfit in the mirror one more time before applying my lip gloss. A text comes through from Seth saying that he was downstairs waiting for me.

We arrive at the OX house a few minutes after 10. The yard was full of toilet paper and condoms, and the music was so loud we could hear it from the street.

"We can totally ditch if you want?"

I shake my head, "This is not my first party, Seth. I'm fine."

He takes my hand and leads me inside. Half naked girls were dancing on the kitchen table and countertops. Four or five couples were making out on the couch and swapping partners every few minutes. In the corner a group of guys waved Seth over to them.

"Hey, you came!"

Seth nods, putting his arm around me, "I couldn't turn down an opportunity to show off my girl."

My cheeks flushed as he spoke my girl.

One of the guys eyes me up and down, "Hell, I would for sure show that off."

"That?," I raise my eyebrows, "I am a person. Not a thing."

"Whatever you say, darling," the guy licked his lips and winked.

I expected Seth to defend me but all he did was laugh softly. After a few minutes of banter and jokes, I dismissed myself from the group and wandered into the kitchen. I grab the first unopened can of beer. Another rule my father beat into my brain was to never drink from an open cup or can at a party.

"I know you," I turn to see a tall guy (probably six foot three) with dark hair and tan skin nod his head at me, "We had theory of art together," he narrows his eyes as he stares at me, then finally snaps his fingers, "Greyson! It took me a minute, but I remembered."

Well this awkward...

"I am pretty sure I would have remembered you," I purse my lips, and look around to see if I see Seth.