Twelve

Greyson Walker

I blink my eyes a few times, adjusting to the bright light shining through the window. I reach across the bed, feeling for him- but all I find is a note.

I better see you in class, Miss Walker.

                            Killian

I smile at his need to be formal. Checking my alarm clock, I have fifteen minutes to get ready before I am late. 

Finding my seat towards the back, I avoid eye contact with Seth. He choses a seat across the room without paying me any attention. That is probably for the best.

Killian starts to hand out our exam packets, "I reviewed and corrected your exams," he shakes his head, "And I am dissapointed in the amount of incorrect answers and failing grades. Guys, it takes effort to fail Philosophy, but you all make it look like a piece of cake."

I chew the inside of my lip, preparing for the worst- when he drops my packet on my foldover I stare at it. Holy shit.

"There were only five students that had an acceptable grade," he looks around the room, "I expect better from you guys."

"Yeah, well, we expect better from you too, Mr. Johnson."

The entire room falls quiet as everyone turns to face Seth. Oh shit.

Killian nods, sternly, "If you have a problem with me or my teaching, feel free to voice your concerns during office hours, Mr. Montgomery."

Seth glances in my direction, connecting eyes with me as he shakes his head. A few moments later a text comes through to my phone.

Seth: Let me guess... you passed?

I roll my eyes and shove my phone back down into my pocket. After class is dismissed, Seth stands at the door waiting for me.

Leaning over Killian's desk, I whisper, "You saw me in class. What's my reward?"

He holds eye contact as he slicks his tongue across his teeth, "You will have to find that out later."

I can feel Seth's eyes on me, so I smile at Killian then make my way towards the hallway.

"We need to talk," Seth peers down the hall, "Coffee shop?"

"I have class, Seth."

He purses his lips, "After class then?"

Shrugging, "Yeah, I guess."

I can tell he isn't thrilled with my lack of enthusiasm, "Alright then. Text me when you leave."

He turns his back to me and walks towards the exit to head to the student parking.

After my last lecture, I grab my back and jacket- mentally preparing myself to have whatever conversation Seth has in mind. I send him a text and begin my journey to the coffee shop.

He is already seated and waiting when I arrive. He waves me over as soon as he sees me.

"I can't stay long," I lay my jacket across the back of my chair, "I need to study."

Seth nods, "Got it," he orders for the both of us then returns his attention to me, "West won't be a problem anymore."

I am not sure how to take that, "I mean... that's great, but how are you so sure?"

"Let's just say that you weren't the only girl he has done that to," he shifts in his seat, "One of my friends from that party walked in on him after I tipped him off that West was fucking around... and he caught him with an underage girl. He beat the shit out of him. Then one of the other guys turned him in for sexual assault of a minor."