Twenty-Nine

Greyson Walker

FRIDAY

"Hey, so I was thinking that we should do something fun over break. Do you have any plans?"

I sit across the picnic table from Seth, in the campus courtyard.

"My brother wants me to go visit him and his family, but I think I will pass on that."

His eyebrows push together, "How come? I thought things were going good with you two?"

I hold a finger up as I finish chewing my bite of biscuit, "I said they were going better. Better like checking in on each other once a month instead of once a year, not staying at his house for a week. It just seems strange to me that he all of a sudden wants me to come stay with them."

"Hm," he takes a sip from his coffee, "Well I was thinking about putting your french lessons to the test."

"And by that you mean..."

He smirks, "Paris?"

"Um let me see," I playfully balance my hands in the air, "Stay with my brother and his wife and crying babies... or Paris. PARIS OF COURSE!"

Seth laughs, "Good. I will go ahead and book everything."

"I will have to figure out what to tell Henry," I roll my eyes as I take a sip of my drink, "I haven't told him that I am seeing someone."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want him to be involved," I shake my head with a laugh, "And trust me, neither do you."

"Speaking of brothers," he looks down at his drink, and sighs, "Callum asked me to try to work on my relationship with Matt, and I just don't know how to do that."

I reach across the table, holding his hand, "Why don't you invite him to go get drinks or something?"

"Inviting the alcoholic to get drinks doesn't sound like a great idea."

Shit... I didn't think about that.

"I'm sorry, that was stupid."

Seth stands from the table, "No, it's fine, I will figure something out," he leans over and kisses me, "I will start booking everything for our trip."

"And I will tell my brother that I cannot stay with him," I raise my eyebrows and shrug, "Good luck with Matt."

Seth smiles, "Good luck with Henry."

Killian Johnson

SATURDAY

I text Ali that I am running a few minutes late as I leave my apartment. We had agreed to meet for brunch at the cafe down from campus. The last time I was there was with Grey.

I park my car in the corner of the full lot and make my way to the entrance.

"The Professor, right?"

I turn to face the woman speaking to me. I recognize her immediately.

"Yeah."

She crosses her arms over her chest, 'I should kick you in the balls right now."

I sigh, "I probabky deserve that. I think it is safe to assume that she told you everything?"

Grey's friend rolls her eyes, "You have no idea, and how dare you?"

I lower my voice, stepping closer, "How dare me? I actually had feelings for her, but she is with someone else... and my student. She made the choice for me when she chose him."