Eight

Greyson Walker

Seth's arm is wrapped firmly around my waist as he speaks to a co-worker of Callum's. My eyes wander around the room until they land on him. He mumbles under his breath as he untucks his very wet dress shirt. I hate to admit, but I am slightly dissapointed that he is facing away enough to block my vision of his chest.

"Right, Grey?"

I turn my attention back to Seth, "Absolutely," I smile, hoping I answered correctly. He seemed satisfied with my agreement and continued talking about his plans after graduation. When I looked back at Killian, he was gone.

I leaned over, whispering in Seth's ear, "I am going to excuse myself for a moment."

Without skipping a breath, he moves his arm and keeps talking as I slip away. I had only spent thirty seconds with Seth's drunk brother, but it was enough to push me to the open bar myself. I knew Killian had to still be close by, but probably making a mad dash to the parking garage. I found him sitting on the  steps outside of the building.

"Rough night?"

He scoffed, not even turning around. I pull my dress up enough to allow me to sit beside him comfortably. When I even beside him, I notice the entire front of his shirt is open. His blazer and tie lie on the ground beside his dress shoes.

"I'm sorry I caused you to spill-"

"Just stop," he rubbed his face with his hands, "I knew you would be here tonight, I knew you would be Seth's date. I knew it would be a mistake, and I still came here."

I can hear my heartbeat in my ear drum, suffocating the silence of the outdoors.

"Then why did you come?"

He laughs, "I don't know," he pauses for a moment as he looks over his shoulder, "Better question would be why are you out here, and not in there?"

I shrug, mocking his tone, "I don't know."

His eyes wander my dress, before falling onto my lips, "You look absolutely breath taking."

"Then why are you still breathing," I joke, poking his chest, "And you look like a wet-"

"I KNEW IT!"

We both jump as I yank my hand away from Killian's chest. Seth's drunk brother pointed at the both of us.

"Matt, go back inside," Killian took a deep breath.

"Is it not illegal to fuck your student, Killian?"

I gasp, "Excuse me?"

"Go inside, Grey, I will handle this," Killian looked pissed as he stepped towards Matt, "And you can shut your mouth before I have to shut it for you."

Matt laughed as he playfully pushed Killian away from him, "Dude, chill the fuck out. It was a joke."

"A joke that can get me fired, Matt," he pushed him towards the parking garage, "It's time to go."

Worry was the main feeling that surfaced, but I was also dissapointed. Killian gave me a faint nod and smile as he led Matt away from the building, and I returned inside to find Seth.

"You look amazing!," Sam smiled as she wrapped me into a hug, "Where have you been?"

"Where have I been?," I laugh, "I have been here for hours, where have you been?"

She rolls her eyes, latching her arm through mine as we walk, "I was running late, what have I missed."

"Not much," I replay Killian spilling his drinks on him, and Matt accusing him of screwing me illegally- I shudder at that word.