Thirteen

Greyson Walker

Sam wraps her arm around mine, "Tell me what's on your mind."

"I don't want to," I shake my head.

She stops walking, turning me to face her, "What is going on? You have been really distant lately," she frowns, "And Callum told me that you and Seth were not on speaking terms..."

"Well then he is way behind," I shrug, "Because Seth and I are officially dating now, and very much so on speaking terms."

Her eyebrows raise, "Really? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I have had a lot going on, Sam," I begin to walk again, pulling her behind me, "And you have been busy with your boyfriend as well."

We enter the newest restaurant in town, a classy steakhouse.

Sam orders our drinks as I scan over the menu and decide on the Hawaiian Filet with a side of steamed broccoli.

Sam turns up her nose at my choice, "Are you trying to watch your figure?"

"It makes me feel like I have my life a little more put together when I order like a healthy and responsible adult." 

"You want to know what makes me feel like a responsible adult?," she wiggles her eyebrows and doesn't give me time to decline her offer to disclose, "Wall sex."

I roll my eyes as I laugh. Two men take the table behind us.

"I know you can't see them but just know that you wish you could," Sam casually leans around me to get a better look, "Okay, it should be illegal to be that damn hot. I swear he looks like a british model."

"British, really, Sam?"

She shrugs, "Aren't British men like super gorgeous?"

"Stop staring," I grab her attention, "You have a super gorgeous American man, remember?"

She rolls her eyes and begins to talk about her sex life with Callum, but my attention is pulled to the voices of the men seated behind us.

"So how are things going with that girl you met," there is a brief pause, "Sarah? Was that her name?"

Then I hear a voice that I will never be able to forget.

"Kind of," he laughs, "And I thought it was going great, but things just don't workout sometimes-"

"Yoohoo," Sam waves her hand in my face, "Are you even listening to me?"

"The British guy," I push my eyebrows together, "Dark hair? Beard? Tattoos on his right arm? Deep blue eyes?"

She leans for one more glimps before staring at me like a crazy person, "How did you...yes," she tilts her head then looks around for a refective wall decoration, "How can you-"

I sigh... of course he is here. Of course he is sitting right behind me....Did he tell his friends about me? Well...Sarah, but technically that's me.

I hear the voices again

"How is your sister?"

"She is doing just fine. Her last name officially changed so that's one more reason for her to be the golden child."

"Grey?"

I hold my hand up for Sam to shush it.

"And your brother?"

Brother? I didn't know Killian had a brother...

"Thomas is not my brother."

"Maybe not entirely," the first voice scoffs, "Be he is still technically-"