Eighteen

Killian Johnson

"Bad time?"

I stand in the doorway of my apartment, confused.

"What are you doing here?"

"Can I come in?"

I push my eyebrows together, "Is that a good idea?"

"Probably not, but can I?"

Stepping to the side, I push the door open all the way.

I walk over to my bedroom and grab a dry shirt, unbuttoning my whiskey soaked white button up. I toss it on the floor, pulling my tshirt over my head.

"Does your boyfriend know you are here?"

She looks away, "No."

"Didn't think so," I scrunched my nose as I shrugged, "So why are you here, Grey?"

"I don't-"

She stops talking when my phone rings again. Elle's picture on the screen catches Grey's attention and she stands from the couch.

"I really shouldn't have come. I just thought that maybe we should talk about everything, but I think I made a mistake."

"Grey," I stepped in front of her, "What is there to talk about? We keep going around in circles. You shouldn't be in my apartment, I shouldn't be calling you. Hell, we shouldn't see or speak to each other outside of the classroom, but yet it keeps happening."

My phone goes silent.

"You have a boyfriend, which is great. I am happy for you," I shrug, "It's for the best. I can't lose my job, I won't lose my job. Seth asked me to keep my distance, and I am going to...which means you can't just show up at my house, Grey."

She knows I am right, I can see it all over her face.

"I know," her eyes stay glued to the floor, refusing to look up at me, "I'm sorry."

I open the door to my apartment, "You know I will always help you if you ever need it."

Without a word, she leaves my apartment and I close the door behind her.

Greyson Walker

FRIDAY

"I have posted the final debate lineups," Killian points to a paper on the wall, "We will start on Monday, please come prepared. I expect everyone to dress accordingly and have all of your points ready to go."

I shift in my seat anxious to see who I will be debating against.

"If you have any issues with your pairings, then get over it," he flashes a sarcastic smile, "This is a large percentage of your grade for the semester so don't screw it up."

As soon as he motions, I scramble to the paper to find my name.... and directly across from it: Seth Montgomery. My eyes narrow...well played Killian.

Seth steps behind me, wrapping his arm around my waist, "Who do you have?"

I look at him over my shoulder, "You."

"This is going to be interesting," he kisses my cheek, "You are so cute when you get angry."

I playfully punch at his arm, "We will see how cute I am while I am kicking your ass next week."

"I will take that challenge," he kisses me and walks away.

Killian is shuffling through the papers on his desk, visibly stressed and overwhelmed. Most of the students are clearing out of the classroom and I make my way over to his desk.