Thirty-Two

Killian Johnson

FRIDAY

I hear a knock at the door, and I check my phone for the time.

Opening the door to my apartment, Gavin stands in the hall with a bottle of whiskey, "I'm early, sue me."

"Come on in," I step out of the way as he wanders inside. Hobbit jumps at his feet and Gavin gives him a belly rub, "How are things going?"

I shrug, "Honestly, it's almost as if nothing ever happened. He confronted me before class the other day but I haven't heard anything else about it. No one from the office has contacted me or anything," I grab two glasses, "I did exactly as you told me to. I defended everything he tried to pin on me, and I think it worked."

Gavin nods in approval, "Maybe so, but I would still take it easy."

There is another knock at the door, and we both stare at each other in confusion. I go over to the door, opening it slowly.

"Well hell, let me in, Killian," Marshall shoves past me and throws himself onto the chair facing the couch, "Did you two think you could have a drink without me?"

I look over at Gavin who has his lips in a flatline, "I may have accidently mentioned that I was coming to your place tonight while I was on the phone with him earlier."

"Yeah, too bad," Marshall grabs my glass of whiskey from the coffee table, taking a swig, "Troy should be here any minute."

Just what I needed.

Gavin catches my eyes and mouths 'I'm sorry'

"So what's with the secret meetings?," Marshall makes himself at home by kicking off his shoes and removing his tie that he had worn at work, "It's kind of strange for us to all meet here. We are normally at my house or the bar."

"That's because I don't invite you all here."

Marshall sarcastically holds his chest, "I'm so hurt, Killian."

The door to the apartment opens as Troy makes his way inside with two boxes of pizza, "I could never come empty handed!"

"SEE," Marshall jumps up to aid Troy, "I knew it was a good idea to invite him."

Troy laughs as he places the boxes on the counter, "So what's going on?"

Gavin looks at me to see how I want to go about this conversation, but as I look around the room I realize that these guys are my brothers... I trust them with my soul.

"We all need a full glass for this one," I sigh, passing the bottle of whiskey around, "You all remember Grey right?"

Marshall smirks, "The sexy student?"

I purse my lips, "That would be her."

"Yeah, what about her?," Troy grabs a slice of meat lovers from the top pizza box.

"Well," I lift my glass to my lips, drinking it dry, "I was fucking her in the bathroom while you all were waiting for me the other night."

Marshall spits his drink from his mouth, "Holy shit, dude."

I hold my hand up, "And her boyfriend," my eyes roll, "Caught us."

"The boyfriend who is also one of your students," Troy shakes his head trying to put the pieces together, "Holy shit. Are you going to get fired?"

My head relaxes onto the back of the couch, "I think I have it under control."

"You think?"

Gavin cuts in, "We weren't leaving you guys out, we were talking about his legal options if something goes wrong."