Thirty-Four

Greyson Walker

"So when are you going to let me in on this little surprise?"

Sam grins as she pulls me behind her, "You will see, soon enough Quit whining!"

I shuffle my feet, "You know how I feel about surprises, and this just seems sketchy." 

She stops, turning to face me, "I promised you a fun girls weekend, and that is what you are going to get," she reaches into her bag, pulling out a sleep mask, "Put this on, we are getting close."

"Hell no," I shake my head, "I am not going to be walking down an alley at night with a blindfold, this is a perfect plot for a serial killer documentary."

"Shut the fuck up and put it on," Sam turns serious, "I am really trying here, Grey."

"Fine," I roll my eyes and slide the mask on, "Happy?"

Her voice changes to a cheerier pitch, "Very. Now watch your step."

After a few minutes of careful guidance, I can hear a door open and loud music flooding around us and Sam tells me to step up.

"IDs?" A mans voice booms close to my ear.

"Here," I assume Sam flashes the IDs to him.

A rough hand pulls the mask up from my eyes as he checks my appearance with the photo on my license, "Go on."

Sam quickly shoves the mask back down and pulls me along.

"Okay! Take it off!"

I lift my mask and look around at the room, which is obviously a night club.

"Wait! Come sit," Sam rushes over to a table beside the stage the extends into the center of the room, "We have about four minutes until it starts."

"Until what starts?"

She smirks and bites her lip, "You are going to love it."

All of the overhead lights turn completely off, leaving us all in the dark. I jump as loud music starts over the speakers and two bright spotlights turn on as they spin violently around the room. The crowd of people sitting around us start to cheer. Sam chimes in with a squeal. The curtains open as three men dressed as firefighters walk onto the stage.

Oh my God.... this is a strip club.

The first guy begins with sliding his coat off of him in a seductive shimmy. He swings it around the air like a lasso while swapping places with the second guy. The second guy was already shirtless. He starts by popping the shoulder straps of his pants against his pecks, I tried to count his abs, but I lost track after six. The third guy does a cool trick with his hat that ends with tossing it into the crowd. A bachelorette group catches it and screams with delight. The first guy returns to center stage as the music picks up pace. He points into the crowd and brings the bride to be up on stage. She beams with excitement and eagerness. The second guy chooses another girl from the group and instructs her onto the stage as well. The third guy goes easy as he picks an older woman from the table beside us. The three of them put on a sexy show and raises the temperature of the room by a thousand degrees. Once the show is over, everyone claps and I stand from my seat.

Sam grabs my hand and yanks me back down, "That was only the first act, there are still so many more. We aren't going anywhere."

There is more?? A bartender brings over a tray of drinks, sitting them on our table, "Enjoy."

The second set of the night makes their way onto the stage. I instanly cross my legs at the sight of half a dozen men in suits.

"And now the show REALLY beginds," Sam yells as she holds her shot glass into the air.

My attention immediately lands on man number four. He is tall with dark features. His hair is already starting to form beads of sweat on the tips as he focuses on his routine. When he unbuttons his shirt I get a perfect view of the tattoos stretching across his chest.

"Oh my God," Sam leans over and points at man #4, "He kind of looks like Killian."

My heart stings as I hear his name and I realize that she is right... he looks a lot like Killian, maybe that is my fascination with him. His eyes lock mine and I feel a rush send through my body. He makes his way across the stage closer to me, reaching his hand out in my direction.

"GO UP THERE!" Sam practically pushes me out of my chair as I stumble to the edge of the stage. The sexy stripper grabs me by my hips, up onto the stage. He twirls me around before tossing me in the air like a feather. I squeal as he spins me to straddle him, thrusting against me in the air. I can hear Sam going crazy from her seat.

A distraction is just what I needed.

Killian Johnson

Having two weeks away from the university sounds amazing, but I know it also sounds lonely. I always have the option of going to see family, but I would rather just be lonely. Part of me wants to find a way to spend time with Grey, but I know that we can't see each other right now. I entertain the idea of taking a camping trip with the guys for a moment... then I remember how much I hate camping with the guys because it's never actually camping.

Hobbit jumps onto the couch with me as I scroll through my phone. I decided before I started teaching to remove my social media, and until now I have felt like it was the right decision...but I am bored and I need to do some social stalking. I login to my account to reactivate it an within minutes I am thrown back into the profile I had when I was in college. Scrolling was fun for a few minutes as I was able to catch up and see how my old friends are doing, but it also reminded me how different my life is from everyone elses.  Just a few minutes after reactivating my account, I am already receiving requests from students... the exact reason I do not have social media. I go to click the deactivation button, but before I do... I find myself typing her name into the search bar.

Three Greyson Walker profiles appear. There she is. I click on her profile and admire the photo she chose as her main. She is smiling as she looks away from the camera wearing a beautiful navy dress. Her red hair falls around her shoulders in curls and her fingers play with her necklace that she never takes off. It is a perfect photo. I should stop here. But I can't.

I start to scroll thorugh her profile and I feel sick when I see a post from Seth Montgomery, tagging Grey. The photo was posted the week before Sam's birthday dinner. In the photo, he has his arms wrapped around her waist as she has hers around his neck. Her back is arched and she is smiling at the camera as his lips are pressed to her cheek. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought that she was genuinely happy with him. But I do know better.

A direct message flashes across the top of my screen. What the fuck?

I click on it.

"I need a night out. Wanna meet up?"