𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦- 𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘵

THERE'S ALWAYS THAT ONE MOMENT THAT CHANGES THE COURSE OF YOUR LIFE FOREVER

THERE'S ALWAYS THAT ONE MOMENT THAT CHANGES THE COURSE OF YOUR LIFE FOREVER. There can be bad moments before, but nothing amounts to that one thing that defines everything. It's the kind of moment to where you can't get out of bed. Where you struggle to look in the mirror. When you can't find a reason or meaning behind what happened. And you just cannot forget that it happened.

For me, that moment is when I lost the only people I could ever call my parents. The only people who treated me like I was their daughter. When I heard about that car accident, it's like time stopped. My aunt and uncle's car went off of Wickery Bridge and they drowned. Elena was in the car. Somehow she made it out and survived. I don't know what I would do without her.

It happened right before my high school graduation. I was set to go to college on a scholarship and suddenly, everything changed and I couldn't find the meaning. That's why I'm still here in my house with Elena and Jeremy. This time, with Jenna looking after us. I can look after myself, but it's nice to have her. I'd be lost.

Today starts a new chapter. For Elena and Jeremy at least. They're going back to school to start a new year. It's been hard on all of us. Jeremy doesn't like to talk about it. Elena tries to bottle everything up and pretend that she's okay, but she's not. She'll confide in me. I confide in her.

I went downstairs to see Jenna running rapid through the kitchen. She has no idea what she's doing. I need to help her.

"Toast. I can make toast." Jenna spoke as she looked around the kitchen to find breakfast.

"It's all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna." I told her. She nodded and made it look like she was taking a mental note of that.

"Is there coffee?" Jeremy asked as he entered the kitchen. I nodded and handed him a mug and filled it with coffee. Elena then walked over to me with a mug, so I did the same.

"Your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared." Jenna spoke and dug through her purse. She then held up money. "Lunch money?"

"I'm good." Elena replied. Jeremy snatched it out of her hand.

"Anything else? A number two pencil? What am I missing?" Jenna retorted.

I looked over at her, puzzled. "Don't you have a big presentation today?"

She looked at her watch. "I'm meeting with me thesis advisor at...now. Crap!" She huffed and took down her hair.

"Then go. We'll be fine." Elena assured her. Jenna took off.

I looked to Elena and Jeremy. "You okay?"

Jeremy scoffed. "Don't start."

Alrighty then.

I looked to Elena who was still staring at Jeremy, baffled. "I'm fine."

I narrowed my eyes.

She sighed. "I will be fine."