𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯

THE DRIVE HOME WAS TOO SHORT

THE DRIVE HOME WAS TOO SHORT. I pulled in the same time as Elena. We went in the house together but some rustling in the kitchen caught my attention.

I held up a finger to my mouth, signaling for Elena to stay quiet.

I walked forward and braced for whatever was in there.

I heard someone gasping for air. When I rounded the corner, I saw John laying on the floor with blood all over him. Elena and I ran to him. A bloody knife was next to him. He was stabbed. Someone stabbed him and cut off his fingers.

I was holding pressure while Elena dialed 911.

John started lifting his head and looking pass me. "Behind you." He choked out.

"W-What?" I questioned. This is all so much at once.

"Behind you!"

I stood up and whipped my head around immediately. No one was there.

I shared a cautious look with Elena. I picked up the knife and started walking forward. She stayed with John. I creeped around the corner and saw nothing. No one in sight. But I heard a whoosh behind me. Someone is definitely here.

I whipped around and they were gone. Then I heard the front door open and close. Fuck.

Then it hit me.

"Jeremy!" I exclaimed and ran up the stairs. He was laying lifeless in his bed. I kept shaking him over and over until his eyes finally opened. Oh, thank god.

The following moments were a blur. I ended up going to the hospital. Stefan came over with Elena. They needed to have a talking to Jeremy because he thought it'd be a great idea to try and turn himself by taking pills and drinking Anna's blood. The blood ended up healing him. I think if I was in the room with him right now, I'd blow it up.

Damon met me at the hospital. As soon as I walked in, his grim face told me there was something else.

"I know that face. I hate that face." I huffed. It's been a bad enough night as it is.

"There's a couple things."

"A couple?" I exclaimed.

"Less severe thing, I'd like you to hear this from me. I might have...kissed Elena."

I didn't reply for a moment. It took me a second to register his words. Then it hit. He kissed my sister...the same night he kissed me. But that makes no sense. She'd never kiss him back.

I wasn't even discouraged at the fact he kissed her after me. I couldn't care less, to be honest. I've kissed many people that meant nothing. The kiss I had with Damon was a 'thank you for saving me' kiss. What bothered me is she kissed back when she's with Stefan. I feel like she would have told me about this.