𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴

I DID NOT GET AN OUNCE OF SLEEP LAST NIGHT

I DID NOT GET AN OUNCE OF SLEEP LAST NIGHT. When we moved Elena home, Stefan, Damon and I stayed in her bedroom with her all night and watched her sleep. I don't know what we were waiting for.

We sat in there wordlessly. Neither of us knew what to say. I did a lot of thinking about everything. Everything that led me to this moment. Another thing on the forefront of my mind is the fact that Klaus is dead. He's gone. I haven't really had time to confront that.

Morning rolled around and Elena gasped awake. She frantically looked around and saw Stefan, Damon and I in her room.

"Stefan...August.." She let out.

"Hey. Hey. We're right here." I told her and grabbed her hand.

"You've been in and out for hours." Stefan added.

"W-What happened?" Elena asked frantically. Oh, god, here we go.

I sighed. "You were in an accident."

When Stefan told me about what happened last night, the first thing I felt was anger. Rebekah called him and called off the deal Elijah made with us. She wanted Alaric dead for killing Klaus. Matt was driving and she stood in the road on Wickery Bridge. Matt drove off the bridge and Stefan made it just in time to save one of them. Elena made him save Matt and not her. That's what I was mad about.

"Matt, is he-" Elena started.

"Alive? Yes. Ask Stefan. The hero." Damon muttered. He was also pissed about it.

"He's fine." Stefan muttered.

Elena let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you. I thought that I- how did you..." She trailed off.

"Save you? He didn't." Damon spoke. It pained me to hear all of this.

"When Jeremy brought you to the hospital before all of this happened, your injuries were worse than anyone knew. Meredith Fell made a choice. She used Damon's blood to heal you." I started to explain.

"And when Rebekah ran Matt's truck off the road, you had vampire blood in your system, Elena." Damon finished.

The realization hit. "Oh, my god. Does-does that mean that I- am I dead?" She started. We were all silent. "No. No. No! That-that wasn't supposed to happen!"

"Maybe it doesn't have to. I talked to Bonnie and she's stronger than ever. Her and August might be able to do something to help you." Stefan replied. I shook my head. I have looked through every grimoire. There is nothing to reverse vampirism.

"No, the only thing that's going to help is for you to feed and complete the transition." Damon spoke up.

Stefan snapped his head to him. "We have all day before she has to feed, Damon. That's a day to exhaust every possible way out of this."