𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘥𝘢𝘺

THE FOUNDER'S DAY PARADE IS A MYSTIC FALLS STAPLE

THE FOUNDER'S DAY PARADE IS A MYSTIC FALLS STAPLE. I was in it for three years when I competed for Miss Mystic Falls. I won once. Elena has to be in it because she competed. Stefan will ride the float with her.

I was helping Elena get ready for the parade. She has to wear an old-timey dress. Putting on the corset was a struggle.

"It's too tight, August!"

"Elena, I still have five more holes to loop it through."

And don't even get me started on the curly hair. This morning has been a nightmare. It was even a struggle trying to fit her entire petticoat into the car. I do not miss this shit.

We got to the place where the parade starts and found Stefan and Damon. Both of their jaws were on the floor when they saw Elena.

Stefan went to talk to Elena about something and Damon pulled me aside. "I think you were right about John being Elena's father."

My eyes widened. "What?"

"Isobel dated him when she was younger. She was 16 when she had Elena and she started dating John at 15. It's a tight turn around time. And he was the one who brought her to Grayson's office to give birth." He explained.

It makes sense. Elena and I are actually sisters. Well, probably at least.

"Wow, deadbeat to two children. That has to be a record for the Gilbert's." I muttered.

I looked over to see Elena chasing Jeremy around. Apparently, he read her journal including the part that said that Damon erased his memories. He's not talking to either of us. I tried to get a few words out of him during breakfast but all I got was "Stop talking" and "Leave me alone". He'll talk when he's ready.

Parade time rolled around. Elena and Stefan were on the float. Damon and I watched with the rest of the town. When their float passed us, we all waved.

I looked over to see Bonnie. I smiled and waved to her. She smiled and waved back. Damon then went over to her. She went to leave but he asked her to stay a minute. I didn't hear then entire conversation, but I did hear him thank her for de-spelling the device. I'm honestly really surprised she agreed to it.

The Founder's Day weekend festivities were in full swing. I have a love-hate relationship with it. I think I outgrew the fun of it. Now I just find it boring and a little stupid.

Damon and I were walking around the festival. There were those stupid games they have at fairs. One of them was the mallet hitting the bell.

"How much you wanna bet I'd break it?" Damon chuckled to himself.

I rolled my eyes and walked off. He wasn't far behind me. I think I came to terms with how I feel about him. I think I'll always have some sort of feeling for him but that's only because I care about him. He's a friend and he's going to stay a friend.