𝘥𝘢𝘥𝘥𝘺 𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘦𝘴

BODIES ARE PILING UP IN MYSTIC FALLS AGAIN

BODIES ARE PILING UP IN MYSTIC FALLS AGAIN. That's dangerous territory for us.

There's also a new werewolf in town. Jules. She was a friend of Mason's and she's hot on our tail. She bit Rose and it killed her. Now we know for sure that a werewolf bite is fatal to vampires.

In other news, Stefan was on the hunt for Isobel. Instead he found worse. My father. That reunion was not good.

~

Stefan knocked on my bedroom door. Elena was trailing behind him.

"I don't want you to freak out." Stefan led with. He should've led with something else.

"Oh, god, what did you do?" I exclaimed. I know he was on the lookout for Isobel. I left my room and started to go downstairs. I have a horrible feeling I know who he found.

"August, wait-" Elena started.

As soon as I made it to the bottom I was face to face with my father.

"August, hi." John spoke.

I sent a glare to Stefan before turning back to John. "Still doing Isobel's dirty work?"

"It's not like that. We're just trying to keep you and Elena safe."

"Too little, too late."

~

The morning rolled around and Elena and I cornered John in the kitchen.

"Good morning." He told us.

"What are you doing here?" Elena asked right away.

He ignored that and held up a mug. "Coffee?"

"We're not doing that. We did that last night. No more avoiding. Why are you here?" I asked him. With him, I can't beat around the bush.

"I'm here to protect you. The oldest vampire in time is after my children. For different reasons, but still. That's all I can say at the moment." John replied. All he can say, huh?

"What do you mean all you can say?" Elena spat.

"I'll tell you more when I'm convinced I can trust you." John said back. Oh, we're playing the trust game.

Jenna came down the stairs. "I am so late."

Alaric came trailing after her. "That's what you get for hitting the snooze three times."

Jenna picked up her head and saw John standing there. "What the hell?"

"Well, good morning to you, Jenna. Alaric." John said and looked between the both of them. Alaric's face faltered. His eyes met mine with confusion.

"It's okay I'm confused, right? Because we were not expecting you, like, ever." Jenna retorted. I wish I could say the same.

"Well, I got in late last night. Elena let me in." John answered. I'll have to remind Elena we don't let in strays.