𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘣𝘦𝘭

THE MYSTERY GILBERT DEVICE

THE MYSTERY GILBERT DEVICE. Everybody wants it. Damon has it. He's not giving it up. We're not sure why anyone wants it, but that's enough reason to hold on to it.

My father is still in town and I am still taking up residency at the Salvatore's. He does not like the fact that I'm staying with vampires, but he doesn't really get a say in the matter.

Caroline won Miss Mystic Falls, which is predictable. The parade is coming up soon so she's busy with floats, which means Elena is busy with the floats by default. Caroline will cut you if you don't fully commit to her when it comes to these things.

I was excited to spend the day doing nothing but apparently there was an emergency at the school that Alaric called us in for. Damon and I got there as quick as we could and went to the classroom.

"Damon, August, thanks for coming." Alaric let out. Why so formal?

"Sorry, I'm late. My dog at my- uh, nevermind." Damon replied. I rolled my eyes.

I scanned my eyes around the room. Stefan looks worried and Elena looks mortified. Whatever this is for, it has to be bad.

"What's with all the furrowed brows?" I asked.

"I saw Isobel last night." Alaric blurted. My head snapped to him so fast, I almost gave myself whiplash.

"Isobel's here? In town?" Damon questioned. Last I knew, Isobel wanted nothing to do with Elena. She compelled a random man to come here and tell her that before having him get hit by a truck. It was overly dramatic of Isobel and traumatizing for Elena.

Alaric just nodded. I sent a sympathetic look to Elena.

"Did you ask her about Daddy John? Are they working together?" Damon asked Alaric. I really hate that he's referring to John as Daddy John.

"No." Alaric replied.

"No, they're not?" Damon followed up.

"No, I didn't ask." Alaric clarified.

"What about the invention?" I asked.

"Didn't ask."

"Does she know about the tomb vampires?" Damon asked.

"I don't know." Alaric replied. I huffed.

"Did words completely escape you?" Damon asked, getting in his face.

"No, I was a little too distracted by my dead vampire wife to ask any questions." Alaric exclaimed. Fair point.

"What did she want?" I asked.

"She wants to see me, August." Elena replied. My head snapped to her. What the hell is going on? What is with all the parents returning to town?

"Alaric is supposed to arrange a meeting. We don't know why or what she wants." Stefan added.

"You don't have to see her if you don't want to." I assured her. If I had the choice to not see John, I'd take it.