𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘶𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘰𝘯𝘦

THE RING ALARIC WEARS ON HIS FINGER HAS CREATED A MURDEROUS ALTER EGO

THE RING ALARIC WEARS ON HIS FINGER HAS CREATED A MURDEROUS ALTER EGO. He spends the day being the innocent history teacher and the night being a psycho council-member killer. Surprisingly, this is the not oddest thing that has happened to me.

I've been spending the last few days avoiding every feeling I have about Klaus. Good or bad. I'm trying not to think of him at all. He does things and I think he's different and then it goes back to normal. I don't dare say anything to Elena about this because she will think I'm losing my mind. She's not doing much better with her Damon and Stefan drama.

I can keep convincing myself all I want that I feel nothing for Klaus, but I know what the truth is.

Stefan asked me and a few others to meet him and Damon at a random spot in the woods. I got there to see Elena, Caroline and Matt already there.

"What's going on?" I asked when I saw them all.

Elena shrugged. "Not too sure."

Stefan and Damon approached. "Where's Bonnie? Texted her, too." Stefan spoke.

"Uh, Bonnie's mom bailed on her. Again. So I think we should leave her out of this one." Caroline replied. God, poor Bonnie.

"What are we doing here?" Matt asked.

"We found some more white oak. Long story. Wait for the movie." Damon spoke. Oh, god. Not this again.

"Hang on, white oak? You have a weapon that can kill Klaus?" Elena asked. Why is this bothering me again?

"Nope. We all have a weapon." Stefan answered and set a duffle bag full of white oak stakes. "Klaus has always been one step ahead of us, but now we have the advantage. We're all armed, and they are all linked. Meaning we only need to kill one of them. We need to seize the best opportunity, which means we need to prepare for every opportunity."

What am I even fighting for anymore?

"Scenario one, you are to play Klaus." Damon said and grabbed Elena's shoulders.

"Rebekah is our target. So, we'll distract her and catch her off guard. To do that, we need to keep Klaus separate and occupied...August."

I huffed. "Why do I always have to be Klaus bait?" I muttered. Maybe if Klaus is gone completely, I won't have to face my feelings for him.

"Because he's obsessed with you but for now, we need you to play Rebekah." Damon said and walked over to me. He then looked to Matt. "We'll use the quarterback to keep her distracted. Just keep her talking."

"How?" Matt asked.

"Act interested. She's lonely, desperate." Damon replied. Poor Rebekah.

"Clearly, she slept with you." Caroline muttered.