𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘴

"WHAT ARE YOU?" Elena asked as he just stared at us

"WHAT ARE YOU?" Elena asked as he just stared at us. He wouldn't answer us.

"What are you?" I practically begged.

His eyes fell a little. "You know."

"No, I don't." Elena replied, swallowing hardly.

"Yes, you do, or you wouldn't be here. Either of you."

"It's not possible. It can't be." I let out timidly.

He started to walk out of the door slowly. Each step forward he took, one step back Elena and I took. "Everything you know...and every belief that you have is about to change. Are you ready for that?" He asked us. I don't think I am, but I don't have a choice. We need answers.

"What are you?" Elena demanded.

"I'm a vampire."

The first time any of us uttered the word. It felt like a pang to my chest.

"We shouldn't have come. Let's go, Elena." I replied quickly and went to walk away. We didn't get far. As soon as we took off, he wooshed in front of us. Literally, it's like he teleported.

"How did you do that?" Elena asked frantically.

"Please don't be afraid of me." Stefan said and set his hand on Elena's wrist.

"Let me go." She demanded. He wouldn't. His grip was too tight. I tried to rip his hand off but I couldn't.

"Elena, August, there's things you have to know and understand." He begged.

"Let her go!" I screamed.

His grip loosened and we ran to the car. I started the engine and drove off as fast as I could. We got to the front door of my house and ran inside.

We checked around every corner to make sure he didn't follow us. I looked in Jeremy's room and he was playing video games. For once I'm thankful for his ignorance.

Elena and I ran into her room. As soon as we did, we made eye contact with Stefan. How the hell did he get here so fast?

We went to run but his hand was on the door, stopping us from going anywhere. Fuck this.

"I would never hurt you. You're safe with me. I promise." He let out, mainly talking to Elena. I feel like I'm third-wheeling right now.

"All those animal attacks, those people who died..." Elena trailed off with tears in her eyes.

"No, that was Damon." He replied.

"Damon?" I questioned.

"Yes. I don't drink human blood. That's not how I choose to survive but Damon does. I'll explain everything to you, but I beg you, do not tell anybody." He begged us. Is he serious?