𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥

EVER SINCE DAMON TRIED TO KILL JEREMY, I'VE BEEN SPENDING A LOT LESS TIME WITH HIM

EVER SINCE DAMON TRIED TO KILL JEREMY, I'VE BEEN SPENDING A LOT LESS TIME WITH HIM. Actually, I haven't even said a word to him since I magically flew him into the wall. I've actually spent a lot more time with Jeremy.

"I thought you and Damon were going to be a thing at one point." Jeremy replied honestly.

I chuckled. "There was always a part of me that knew not to get comfortable around him. I knew the moment I met him."

"Yeah, and all your witchy ju-ju. Badass, by the way." He replied. I smirked.

"It comes in handy, that's for sure."

I met Elena at the school. She wanted me to help her with this carnival thing. Since Caroline is in the hospital, Elena is in charge. She thinks I could use a distraction from all things 'Damon'. I told her what I need is a vodka shot and meaningless sex with a random guy from the bar. She then said the carnival is the next best thing. Somehow, I don't believe her.

The carnival kicked off without a hitch. Well, some minor hitches but nothing we can't handle.

I rounded a corner to see Damon's arm around Jeremy's neck. I didn't even take a minute to find out what was going on before I used the same spell to send him flying to the ground.

"Do you not take what I say seriously?" I pressed.

"He wasn't doing anything...this time." Jeremy muttered.

"It sure didn't look that way. Jeremy, if he's asking you to lie for him-"

"He's not. I started it. I threatened him." Jeremy replied. Good. Damon deserves a good threat.

"Either way." I shook my head and looked to Damon. "I can end you and I will if you don't stop. That's a promise." I told him and went to walk away.

"You know, one day you would've called us friends." Damon called back.

"Friends don't try to kill their friends' brothers." I replied.

Apparently, Damon really can't take a hint. I watched him come walking toward me.

"You must really not take me seriously if you think-"

"Look, you're pissed, I know. I'd be, too. But right now, you need to forget about all of that and come with me." Damon rambled.

I looked at him like he was insane. "I don't know what game your playing right now-"

"August, I need you to come with me right now." He replied. I looked in his eyes to see that glimpse of worry. Something's wrong.

He brought me into a classroom. Soon enough, Stefan and Elena joined us.

"Now that I have all of you with me, I have a very, very bad announcement to make. Caroline is a vampire." He told us.