Chapter 3

Already a year has passed, Violet is almost 2 years old. Soon is Christmas and Cheryl is excited to spend this Christmas as a mother. Everyone says that when you grow up, Christmas becomes less magical and Cheryl agrees with that but with an almost 2 year old in her life, it feels like it's magical for her as well again.

Cheryl has planned to spend her Christmas with her parents at their house. Her and Violet are going there on Christmas Eve and spending the night. She doesn't know how her daughter will be, yes she loves her grandparents but Violet hasn't slept over anywhere else than her own home so Cheryl is worried.

They are currently baking cookies because they are going to her parents' house in the evening.
Violet watches how her mother takes the dough and forms them into little balls. She wants to help her so she also takes some dough and starts rolling it in her little hands.

"Mommy, this?" Violet questions if she's doing the right thing.
Cheryl looks over and smiles.
"Yes baby and now make little balls and put it on the pan."
Violet does as said and puts them on the pan. She smiles at what she has accomplished.

"Good job Vi, but please don't touch-" Cheryl started to say but cut herself off when she saw her daughter smearing her sticky hands on her face and in her hair.

"Oh well, why do I even try," Cheryl sighs.

Violet looks up at her mother and smiles. Cheryl looks at her smiling and smiles too.

"Well Vi, now you have to take a bath, so come on," Cheryl says and holds her hands out to help her down.

Violet squeals and runs to the bathroom to take a bath, Cheryl following behind.

••••

It's soon time to go and they are getting ready. They have already packed their bags.
Cheryl is getting Violet ready. She wanted to put a cute pink dress on her with sparkles but her daughter wanted to match with her mother. Cheryl is wearing a tight red dress which fits perfectly around her waist. For her daughter she found a sparkly red dress, so she can match with her mom.
They got dressed and Cheryl is doing her makeup when Violet runs in and hugs her mom's legs.

"Mommy pretty," the redheaded little girl says and looks up at her mom.
Cheryl smiles of happiness and looks down at her daughter.

"Thank you baby," Cheryl says, "but aren't you just so cute."
Violet smiles even bigger if that's even possible and hugs her mother tighter. Cheryl caresses her head and kisses it, then continues with her makeup with her daughter's legs wrapped around her's.

They get ready and head out the door but not before checking if they missed anything.
Cheryl lives about 10 minutes away from her parents' house so it took them some time.

"Mommy, music?" her daughter asks.

"Of course," Cheryl says and puts on a song by her daughter's favorite artist.
She puts on Bored by Billie Eilish.

"This okay?" Cheryl asks and watches how her daughter nods.
They continue to listen to more songs her daughter likes while driving and soon arrive.

••••

They have been with her family for about 2 hours. They already had dinner and right now are watching a Christmas movie. Everyone let Violet pick the movie because they wanted her to enjoy it too. She picked Grinch and everyone was happy with the choice.
The redheaded little girl cuddled up to her mother on the couch and watched the movie. Everyone watched the movie and sometimes talked at the same time.

While watching it, Violet's eyes slowly started to close but she wanted to stay awake so she pushed away her sleep.

Cheryl noticed and asked "Are you tired Vi?"
Violet of course shook her head not wanting to go to sleep yet.
Cheryl made her more comfortable because she knew her daughter would soon fall asleep. She put a blanket on them and laid down a little more.
Not long after, Cheryl could hear the quiet snores of her daughter.
She smiled and just thought, what would her life be like if she didn't become pregnant. She has grown so used to the mom life and loves her child so much.

They finished the film and everyone started getting ready to go to bed. Cheryl first had to put Violet to bed.
Cheryl carefully stood up to bring her to her bedroom.
Violet started waking up a little.

"Hey, go back to sleep, I'm right here," Cheryl said hopefully to put her back to sleep.
And she did. Cheryl walked up the stairs to the room.
She dressed her in pink pajamas carefully and placed her in the bed and tucked her in.

She kissed her forehead and said, "good night sweetheart, sweet dreams."

When she made sure her daughter was asleep, she started to get ready for bed herself.
She took her pajamas to the bathroom so they're ready to be put on right away.
She went into the shower and just stood there for some time under the hot water. It felt amazing and relaxing.
She stood there for a few minutes then started to actually shower. After the shower she changed into her pajamas and then did her night time routine.
Which was brushing her teeth, doing her skin care and brushing her hair.

When she was done with everything she went out of the bathroom and to her bed.
She laid down on the bed next to her daughter and immediately the redheaded girl cuddled into her mom. Cheryl wrapped her arms around her daughter and soon closed her eyes and fell asleep.