Chapter 18

Toni was always there for us. One day I needed to go to the doctor's office but I couldn't bring Violet along. I also didn't have anyone to watch her but Toni said she could.

Cheryl was rushing to get ready to leave. It was currently 12pm and her appointment was at 12:30pm. Toni wasn't there yet but she would be soon. Violet just sat on the couch watching her mom run around.

Cheryl went over to Violet and said,"Okay Toni will be here soon, she has a key so you don't open the door until Toni comes. I love you and mommy will be back soon," and kissed her forehead.

Cheryl started to grab all her things when someone knocked on the door. She sighed and walked to the door with her bag in hand.

She opened the door to see Toni standing there smiling.

"Okay great, you're here also thank you so much for watching her but I have to get going," Cheryl said letting Toni in and then starting to walk out.

Toni grabbed her wrist softly causing Cheryl to turn around. Toni pulled her to her and said,"Of course but I'm missing something right now,"

Cheryl playfully rolled her eyes and pecked her lips. When they pulled away, Toni kissed her a little longer.

Toni pulled away and said,"There now I can watch her properly. But be safe please and I love you."

Cheryl smiled and said,"I will and I love you too, so much."

Cheryl pecked her lips once more and left out the door.

Toni turned around and screamed,"VIOLET."

Soon you could hear a gasp and little feet running. Violet came out of the living room and ran fast towards Toni. She jumped on Toni and she caught her.

"Hey Vi. Missed me?" Toni said smirking.

"YESSS," Violet said hugging her tight.

"Want to go play?" Toni asked.

Violet pulled back and said,"Yes yes yes."

Toni let her down and Violet grabbed her hand and dragged her to her playroom. When they reached the room, they both sat down and started playing dolls.

After playing for some time, Violet turned to Toni putting her doll down and sat on her lap. Toni put her doll down also and wrapped her arms around her.

"Hey you okay?" Toni asked caressing her hair.

Violet nodded and said,"I'm just tired."

"Want to go take a nap?" Toni asked.

Even though Violet was tired, she shook her head and said,"I want to play with you."

"Well what if you take a nap while I lay next to you and then we can play," Toni said.

Violet nodded and said,"Promise?" and held her pinky out.

Toni smiled and intertwined their pinkies and said,"I promise."

So Toni stood up with Violet in her arms and walked to her room. She laid her in her bed and then laid down herself. Violet cuddled into her and Toni wrapped her arms around her protectively.

Violet's eyes started to close while Toni was caressing her hair and back and Violet said,"I love you Mama."

Toni's eyes widened in surprise and she looked down to see Violet already asleep. Her eyes got watery but she held back her tears and said back,"I love you too Vi."

She never would've believed that a little human could make someone so happy. Violet has changed her life so much and she would do anything for her. Toni always wants to make her feel safe and if Violet didn't want to call her Mama, she wouldn't have to but right now Toni was so happy.