Chapter 4

The next morning

Cheryl woke up to a weight on her stomach and hands on her face. She knew it was her daughter so she pretended to be asleep.

Violet started patting her mom's face more and talking, "Mommy, up up."
But Cheryl did not open her eyes. Violet sighed of frustration when she felt her mom tickling her.
Violet laughed hard and tried to stop her mother but she didn't.

"Mommy stop," she said laughing.

"Okay okay fine," Cheryl finally said as she stopped. She smiled very big.
"Good morning Vi," Cheryl told her daughter lovingly.

"Mowning," Violet said very happy, "mommy up, it Chwistmas"

"Oh is it but right now mommy needs some morning cuddles," Cheryl spoke as she pulled her daughter closer hoping to get a little longer to be in bed. But of course with a very excited almost 2 year old, that didn't happen.

"No mommy, up," Violet said as she tried to push herself away from her mother but failed.

"Okay let's go wake the others up," the redhead said.

Violet woke everyone in the house up the exact same way as her mother. Everyone was not glad that they got woken up so early but when they saw the little girl's bright smile, they woke up.

They all went downstairs slowly except Violet who ran down.

"Violet be careful," Cheryl yelled when she saw how fast her daughter was running.

She thankfully made it downstairs safe and screamed when she saw the Christmas tree and under it a bunch of presents.

"Me?" Violet asked her mother smiling.

"Yes you can go first." Cheryl answered.

Violet ran to the tree, with everyone else following. Cheryl gave Violet her first present and when she took it in her own hands, there was wrapping paper flying everywhere. When she fully opened it, she saw a baby doll and Violet screamed of joy.

"Me like mommy," Violet smiled big at her mother. Cheryl smiled back and looked how her daughter was acting like her.

There were other presents for her, which she opened but she became tired again because it was still early.
Violet was in her mothers lap, resting her head on her mom's chest. Soon you could hear the quiet snores of the little girl.

While Cheryl went to put her daughter back to bed, the others decided to start baking.

After putting her to bed and kissing her forehead, she went to her closet to get ready.
She chose a comfortable outfit again because it was still Christmas and they wouldn't be doing anything big like going out.
She put on matching sweatshirt and pants.

(without the bag and glasses)

After getting ready, she went downstairs to join her family but there was only her mom.

"Hey Cher, let's get to cooking, the boys will be back soon." Her mother said.

"Where did they go anyway?" Cheryl wanted to know.

"Just to the shops to get some groceries, so let's get started?" Her mother asked, Cheryl nodded and they began to cook cupcakes.

••••

When they put the cupcakes in the oven, her mother poured herself a glass of red wine and a water for Cheryl because she just wasn't feeling wine at the moment.
They sat on the couch and chatted quietly about everything. Not long after you could hear the door opening and laughter coming from there.

"Hey don't be too loud, I have a child sleeping upstairs." Cheryl said.
And a few minutes later, you could hear paddles of little feet coming down the stairs.

"Mommy?" the little girl said.

Cheryl stood up but not before glaring at her brother.
She went over to her daughter and said "I'm right here baby," and picked her up. She brought her over to everyone and sat down on the couch, with her head resting on Cheryl's shoulder.

They all continued to talk and Violet mostly stayed quiet.
Jason sat next to Cheryl and whispered "Hey do you want to rest for a little, I can take Vi?" and Cheryl nodded. So Jason pulled away and looked at his niece.

"Hey Vi, do you want to come play with uncle?" Jason asked his niece.

"Yes yes yes," she squealed, jumped up and ran to her uncle who led her out of the room.

Cheryl sighed of relief, yes she loved her daughter but all moms need breaks sometimes and now was her time.

"Tired?" her dad asked her.

"Yeah, I love her very much and am glad to have her but sometimes I just need to relax." Cheryl explained.

"It's all understandable honey," Penelope said and Clifford agreed with her.

They talked basically the whole time while Violet was playing with Jason. Cheryl soon felt the need to take a nap so she laid her head down on her mother's lap and fell asleep for some time to her parents talking quietly.

Later when she woke up, she saw that Betty, Veronica and Kevin had texted in their groupchat if they could come over and of course Cheryl said yes.
So a little later they came over and spent a few hours there with the family and Violet was also very happy to see her aunts.

AN: I will try to make these chapters longer but next part is a time jump and a pretty big one. And also you get to finally see what you've been waiting for. Hope you liked this!