five. revelations

»»————- ★ ————-««

( five. revelations )

»»————- ★ ————-««

A few days passed by and Natasha spent most of her time keeping an eye out for Steve.

That was as far as she could do.

She had fought all urge to come up and introduce herself to him. Every time he fell down during their morning runs; every time his foot gets caught on the rope and made him land on his face; and every time he flipped upside down while climbing a wall during their training—she even considered tying herself to a pole so that way it would take a great amount effort for her to go near him (not that it already wasn't).

She was thinking about all the possible scenarios in her mind every time she thought of ways of meeting him, and every single of them ended with the same thought—she couldn't.

Knowing Steve, he's not exactly the type of person that could forget someone's presence easily, especially someone as different as her.

In fact, she was actually starting to make a good impression on Dr. Erskine. She continuously impressed him by expressing her interest and knowledge about Project Rebirth. After finally telling her what Project Rebirth is all about, she finally got to catch up on what he would be referring to. She got an advantage since she did her homework on this sometime after she met Steve at the present time.

Steve Rogers had always spiked her curiosity and interest in odd ways. And after she was assigned to partner with him in SHIELD, she did a background research on him. She had studied his past, learned more about him through SHIELD's files, and all the more reason it drew her closer to him. She knew it sounded a lot like going behind his back, but she did it before she had really known him. But still, a part of her always felt ashamed of it, and she stopped as soon as she felt wrong about it.

It was also then, at the same time, that she had started having these mixed feelings for the soldier—which she was still currently having, by the way.

What the actual fuck was up with her emotions lately?

"Nurse Klein," Dr. Erskine's call got her mind out of the gutter. "I want you to meet someone."

Her ears perked up in interest as she went over to his side. When the person in call finally stepped into the room, she almost wanted the floor to eat her up.

It seems like he was thinking the same thing too, only his was less unkempt than hers.

"What the hell is she doing here?"

Dr. Erskine looked dismayed at his greeting. "Mr. Stark, I don't understand why —"

"No, you don't understand, doctor. Don't you know who she is?" He glowered at her, not caring if they were attracting attention from the other people in the room.

But Natasha wasn't going to let her cover be blown. Not now, not everything she's been through.

And she certainly wasn't going to let it be done by a Stark by all people.

"Like you know me, Mr. Stark?" she raised an eyebrow, not the least affected by his outburst.

He pointed at her accusingly. "No, don't turn this conversation around. She is a crazy woman and is completely out of her mind! Why is she even allowed to be in here?"