ten. dancing monkey

»»————- ★ ————-««

( ten. dancing monkey )

»»————- ★ ————-««

She was told that they were going to make a quick stop by at Italy. It was an unofficial trip, apparently. She couldn't care less, really.

Until Peggy had mentioned that Steve was going to be stationed there for one of his Captain America shows. Yeah, she was just that eager to see him for the reason that she had just (probably) missed him.

Her battery percentage was cutting close to a 67% now and she and Howard were trying every bit of their best to find that suitable power source enough to take her home. It would only be a matter of time until that percentage drops down halfway, and she was starting to get anxious. Her estimated five weeks of lasting long was already being used up too fast.

She was now halfway through her second week of staying here.

By the time they got to the military base of Italy, they arrived just in time to watch one of Steve's shows.

She had to hold back her laughter the second he came out of the stage wearing his goofy costume. He looked silly, even worse than his first Avengers suit he wore back during the New York Chitauri incident.

But then the soldiers, and what a shitty audience indeed, started to call him out.

It was terrible. Horrible.

She had to watch miserably as Steve got booed on by the soldiers off the stage, going as far as to mocking him and throwing stuff at him like he was nothing but a piece of shit in their eyes. Her heart ached for him. And he didn't even want to be doing this.

Poor Steve.

God did her respect and adoration for him grew incredibly more.

If she was the one up there, she would have probably decked the life out of those dickheads.

He disappeared from her sight, going backstage while the other USO girls came to give the soldiers the show they were waiting for. After a while, it had started to rain, and she had to run back to a post to seek shelter and grab an umbrella. Just when she started to look for him, she had found him in another post opposite to hers.

Natasha simply watched as he drew something on his sketchpad. She stood there in silence, simply taking the moment to look at him.

And then there it was again.

The fluttery feeling in her stomach as she looked at him.

Even then, she settled on focusing on his face. He looked troubled, bothered, but he was still looked handsome. The way a loose strand of his blonde hair brushed on the crease on his forehead; how much she wanted to give him a hug and tell him that everything was going to be alright.

Yet this time... she was afraid.

Back in their time, this was no problem, hell, she even had no problems teasing him and flirting with him, but here... this Steve was... she just couldn't do that to this Steve. One so innocent, so pure and raw. One so good and everything she's not.

It was another reason that she didn't want to develop some form of attachment to him because she didn't want him to remember her in this time era.