twenty. confrontations

»»————- ★ ————-««

( twenty. confrontations )

»»————- ★ ————-««

"The next one's on the mountains. I don't know what's waiting for us up there but we have to be quick and stay low. Our cover can be easily blown from down here."

They all nodded in understanding as Steve gave out his orders. A map was laid out on the front of the truck (they managed to steal a truck from one of those HYDRA bastards) while they crowded around it.

Dugan was still filming but he definitely learned his lesson of not getting Natasha included in the film and instead focused it on Steve.

"Bucky, you'll be assigned to the lookout. Any incoming HYDRA soldier that gets even a foot past the block, take 'em down." Steve continued on. "Falsworth, Jones, you guys are on the back line. Make sure that none of us gets left behind and none of HYDRA's is left alive. Dum Dum, Morita, you'll be our right hand in the front line. Do whatever you can to get to bring them hell. And Anne—"

He was holding a compass. That made her curious. It looked closely like the compass that Steve showed her when he was talking about his past life. And she will never forget the fact that there was a picture in it. A picture of his best girl. Of Peggy Carter.

She squinted her eyes and leaned a little closer to get a peek at the compass.

You know what she found?

Nothing.

Nothing. What should've been a picture of Peggy Carter was no longer there. It was simply an ordinary compass. Nothing else to fuss over about.

"Anne? Agent Klein?" She snapped her head up to see Steve giving her a knowing glance. He looked a little riled up. "Are you paying attention?"

Of course, she was. "Yes."

"What did I say?" he taunted.

What the? Was he doing this on purpose? In front of the whole team and while this was on film? Really?

She knitted her eyebrows and pursed her lips. "You mean the whole thing?"

His unamused expression stayed on his handsome face. "Yes, that is if you're paying attention enough to know it."

Oh, he did not just say that. 

She clicked her tongue in pure annoyance and raised her finger. With the lousiest impression she could do of him, she started saying, "'Bucky, you'll be assigned for the lookout. Any incoming HYDRA soldier that gets even a foot past the block, take 'em down. Falsworth, Jones, you guys are on the back line. Make sure that none of us gets left behind and none of HYDRA's is left alive. Dum Dum, Morita, you'll be our right hand in the front line. Do whatever you can to get to bring them hell. And Agent Klein—', Did I get that right? Because I'm pretty sure you weren't able to finish giving me my orders, captain."

The soldiers snickered while the others 'ooed' in amusement. Bucky couldn't help the smirk from his face from appearing too, patting Steve's shoulder as if to say he's sorry for him.

Steve stood there looking all flushed up from both annoyance and humiliation. His gaze only hardened. "Just stay close to me. We're on the front line."

Hearing that was almost enough to lose her smug look but fortunately. she accepted the order without any complaint. "Yes, captain." She said curtly.