nineteen. new wounds

»»————- ★ ————-««

( nineteen. new wounds )

»»————- ★ ————-««

"I thought I told you not to do anything stupid?"

"You said don't do something that you would do."

"And definitely something that I wouldn't do."

Natasha sighed, straightening her uniform. "It would only be just for a few days. You have the watch ready right?"

Tony nodded, revealing his hand to show her the now glowing watch due to the stone planted in the center. "Piece of cake."

She curled her fingers around his hand. "Don't let anyone see it." She hissed. He shoved the thing back into his pocket. "You'll be alright while I'm away?"

"Would it matter if I say no?"

She smiled wryly. "No, not really."

Tony eyed her flatly. "Then I guess I have no choice but to say I'll be. You better come back, Natalie."

"Of course, can't have you going back to the future all by your miserable self now, right?"

Once she and Tony said their (temporary) goodbyes, he went back to his apartment while she made sure to drop by a visit to the other Stark. They talked and shared the same things that she had with Tony earlier, only he was brave enough to tease her about not leaving so much of a hug when she was practically walking straight to her death sentence.

Then she taught him wrong when she did go on and hugged him. Then and there.

Howard stiffened, clearly taken off by shock. "Woah," His tone held a mix of amusement yet worry. "You're not really planning to go get your death sentence out there, are you?"

Natasha rolled her eyes, pulling back as quickly as she had started it. "Of course not. It's the reason why I did it. Just wanted to prove you wrong." She smirked slyly, "Again."

She was also planning to say a few words of farewell to Peggy but was a tad baffled when she couldn't find her anywhere. Figuring the team must already be waiting for her out on the field, she did not need to waste any more time. She'll be back to give her a proper goodbye later on, anyway.

She was wearing her new uniform. By the time she made it outside, their plane was already there. Some of their team were already ascending up the lift and settling inside. She could already see Bucky at the foot of the plane but there was no sign of Steve.

Bucky sent her a teasing grin. "Good day, Agent. Your flight is now onboarding and you are free to—"

"Shut up, Barnes." She tried to glare but only end up smiling like an idiot instead. She glanced at the empty spot next to him. "Where's Steve?"

"Right here!"

She whipped her head around at the sound of the voice and saw Steve running towards them. He was a little short out of breath and almost made her wonder why on earth did he look like he ran a couple miles around the base.

Bucky noticed it too. "Where were you? And why are you panting like a goddamn dog?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Got caught up in something."

It was her who asked this time. "Something?"

He didn't answer. A crimson red color just started spreading from his cheeks down to his neck while he avoided their gazes. She furrowed her eyebrows, not understanding what the hell he was becoming so flustered about. Did something happen?