three. little guy

»»————- ★ ————-««

( three. little guy )

»»————- ★ ————-««

Imagine her joy and relief when she finally got a job as a nurse.

Becca had been keen on her word of taking her to the SSR and help her finally get a job. Shockingly, there weren't any requirements at all that asks to see her medical degrees or something (thankfully, because she has no idea how on earth could she fake one). She just needed to go through examinations and practical exams held by the medical staff of the SSR.

Being a spy, she was required to know a lot about medication. She knew about first aids and emergency medication even in the worst possible situations. She didn't know complicated stuff like a real doctor would per se, but she knew the basics enough to survive.

While she was inside the SSR, she seized the chance to try and find Howard Stark, only to be disappointed when she found out that he was actually being stationed at another unit in the base, since he was in the technical field rather than the medical field.

She figured the Stark Expo was her last shot at seeing him.

Later that night, she hurried to get ready. 

She wore one of her newly bought clothes, a white blouse and a printed skirt that just reached below her knees, paired off with black pumps. She secured a pin to her hair and put on minimal makeup, applying a rich-red shade of lipstick on her lips. Once she was done, she took a glance at her appearance.

 Once she was done, she took a glance at her appearance

She was pretty owning this 40's look by the way.

With a satisfied smirk, she grabbed her (Becca's, she had let her borrow it) purse and stalked out of the living room. "Becca, I'm heading out now!"

Ellie must already be fast asleep when Becca came out of her room, nodding her head in approval at her outfit. "You look great."

She didn't see the reason to be smug about it and settled on a genuine smile. "Thanks."

"You're still wearing the watch though?"

She glances down at the watch, her heart skipped a beat. Earlier today, she took the chance to take a look at the battery percentage and was dismayed to find out that it was already around 95%. If what Tony was explaining back then turned out to be true, then she needed to find a way to get back as soon as she can.

"If my brother tries to make a move on you, you have my permission to smack him in the face."

She laughed softly, "Hopefully not." And how she desperately hoped, not.

  ————————————————————————————      

Natasha took a cab to the Expo and it took her around twenty minutes to get there, all the way from Brooklyn to Queens. Immediately, once she reached the entrance, the first thing she saw was Bucky leaning against the wall, still clad in his uniform. Was that a requirement for all soldiers?