twenty two. depth of regrets

Warning: Intense make-out scene with angst.

»»————- ★ ————-««

( twenty two. depth of regrets  )

»»————- ★ ————-««

Steve sighed in peace as he stood silently under the night sky. The stars were shining bright above him while the moon was breathtakingly mesmerizing.

He felt like he was one of the paintings he bothered to imitate by drawing in his sketchpad.

It had been a while since he felt this relieved. With everything that's happening, it's a shock that he could still find the time to feel like this.

"Not tired?"

He craned his neck to see her. The sound of her voice would forever be recognizable to him. A smile appearing on his lips the moment he saw her walking towards him. "Something's keeping me up."

"What?" she asked.

He didn't even miss a beat when he answered. "You."

Her heart began picking up a pace faster. "M-Me?" He noticed that a faint blush was appearing on her cheeks.

It gave him the confidence he needed to keep going. He needed to say this. He needed her to know right here and right now. "Yeah." He turned around so that his body was now facing her. "I need..." he sighed. "I need to tell you something."

"Alright."

"But before I tell you, I need to ask you something first."

She raised an eyebrow at him. "Is it something good or something bad?"

Both? "Depends on how you take it as." He said, quietly. "I just need to know something."

"Okay, what is it?"

He took a deep breath. There was no backing down. This was it. Just ask her. Ask her to finally get the answer you've been waiting for so long. "Do you like someone?"

Clearly, she wasn't expecting that kind of question. "Excuse me?" She asked in fairly high tone. "I fail to see how that's any of your business."

Bingo. He got her. A coy smile appeared on his face. "So you do like someone?"

"I didn't say that." She defended, suddenly feeling her face heat up.

"But you didn't deny it either."

She stared at him hotly. "What's this about, Steve?"

"I just want to know."

"For what?"

"Nuh-uh. It's not your turn to ask." He teased, smirking. "Answer my question and I'll answer yours."

She scoffed, shaking her head in frustration. "I can't believe this."

"It's just a simple question, Anne. Do you like someone or not?"

"And what if I do?" she challenged, cocking an eyebrow. "What happens then?"

He started taking a step towards her. "Then I'm really keen on finding out who this guy is now." He didn't know why but all of a sudden a wave of confidence washed past him. He was feeling more daunting than ever. And had no problems to tease her right now. "He's a lucky guy."

She started stepping back. "Steve..." the words died down in her throat. Her face was becoming redder and her eyes were slightly widened. "What... what is this about?"