twenty five. compass

track suggestion to listen to for this chapter: compass

»»————- ★ ————-««

( twenty five. compass )

»»————- ★ ————-««

"Which way do we go?"

"I say right."

"Don't be stupid. HYDRA men are coming from the right."

"Then why ask when you're not going to follow me anyway?" Howard rolled his eyes.

Tony scoffed. "You told me to not make decisions on my own. It's what I'm doing now."

"Just—" He looked like he was on the verge of strangling him or strangling himself. He sighed, exasperatedly. "Come on."

In favor of Tony's decision, Howard did take the right side. They were protected by the other soldiers, but nevertheless, still had a couple of guns on them in case they were on their own. Howard and Tony were accompanied by Peggy, even Colonel Phillips went in for the ride.

They still haven't got a clue on who Tony is, though. They just knew him as another friend of Natasha's and a colleague of Howard Stark.

Not even his father knew who he really was.

"You think Cap got her out?" Tony asked.

Peggy was the one who answered. "I'd like to believe so. Steve wouldn't let a second pass with Anne being in their hands."

He turned to Howard, muttering, "You sure she's over him?"

He shrugged. "Beats me. Women are confusing."

He could never agree more with that statement.

Tony stared at the agent a little bit too long that he intended to. "Can't blame Cap though, she is kinda hot."

"Ladies!" Peggy suddenly turned around, startling the both of them. "Now's not the time for irrelevant discussions. Get your balls together or else HYDRA will get them for you."

Tony gulped. "That's very violent."

Peggy narrowed her eyes at him.

"I think she heard you," Howard whispered.

"Just pay attention—" She was cut off by the sound of a metal object echoing on the other end of the hallway. They followed the sound. "Let's move!" She ordered, ushering them to follow her.

They stopped short to see a HYDRA-like soldier that was bigger than the previous ones they've encountered. It was breathing fire that would sure burn someone if they'd get nearer. Natasha was trying to hide from it, ducking on one of the walls. She was having a hard time to get around it though, with the wound on her side bleeding more furiously now.

Without hesitance, Peggy quickly drew her rifle and aimed it at the soldier, shooting it multiple times until it was down burning in agony.

Natasha peeked out to see the team approaching her. She almost cried in relief.

"Anne!" Peggy ran ahead to hug her tightly.

She was surprised, really, but she didn't hesitate to hug her back. "Hey, Peggy," she smiled.

"Oh my God. Are you alright? Are you hurt?" She pulled away to inspect her and almost turned pale at the sight of her bruises and wounds. "You're bleeding. Bloody hell we need to get you treated!"