The beach

Hunters pov

It was only a few minute walk to the beach and after finding a good spot we sat down togther.

"ugh.." I sighed.

"Do you. . . want to talk about it?" Luz asked, "I reilzed i should have been a bit more considerate last night. Everything youve ever stood for was crumbling and i didnt do anything to make you feel better. I- im sorry."

"Dont apolegize luz, it wasnt your job to be nice its just . . a lot to process." I replied.

"How are you feeling now?"

"Numb?" I said, "I dont really know acctualy. ive never really though about my emotions before."

"Oh i guess that makes sence."

"Can we drop this for now? i dont really have the energy to think right now."

"yeah ok." Luz agreed, "How about a distraction?."

I looked around an spotted a little fossil in the sand. "Want to find more of these things?" I asked, picking up the old bone.

"Ooh yeah! I wonder what creature thats from."

"Its from a stonesleeper." I said with a small smile, "You can tell by the bone marrow structure."

"Cool!" Luz said, "I see another one over there!"

After a half an hour of searching we had found a total of two bones. Not bad i guess.

Suddenly i heard voices coming from around a cliff.

"Were gonna be captured!" I hissed. pulling Luz with me into a patch of trees.

We stayed quiet for a second before luz stepped forward."I know those voices, thats amity and her siblings!"

"the blight kids?"

"Yeah! Hey amity!" Luz waved. Amity waved back and the trio began to walk over too us.

Amity stopped short in her tracks, "Its him! behind you!" With a flick of the wrist i was pinned to the ground by a massive abomination.

"Amity stop!" Luz yelled waving her arms, "Hunters with me!" 

The abomination melted away and i stayed put, shaking a little. Damn it.

"You scared him!" Luz said, looking down at me.

"Sorry" Amity winced, "I still dont trust you though." she told me, crossing her arms.

"damn mittens." A different voice said, "Thats not a good way to greet people."

A face leaned over me. He had fluffy green hair, and a tiney mustache.

"hey im edric." Edric said, sticking out a hand.

"Hunter" I mumbled as he pulled me up.

"Sorry what was that?" Edric said.

"Its hunter!" I half shouted before putting a hand over my mouth. "Sorry its been a rough week..."

Edric smiled, "No worries i get it."

"Oh a bat!" I gasped. spotting the brown creature purched on edrics shoulder.

"His name is batrick!" Edric said excitedly, "Found him in the woods!"

"You tamed him? Cool!"

"Hunter, me Amity, and emria are going to go down to the water, you guys coming?" Luz asked, tapping me on the shoulder.

"Batrick doesnt like water." Edric said, sitting down. "Ill stay here." 

"Ill stay too i said, taking a seat next to him, "Have you been able to teach batrick anything?" I asked, "This species is pretty inteligent."

"Im teaching him to sing!" Edric said, setting the creature in his lap, "But, uh, it hasent really been working..."

________________________________________________

Wow im sure these two will be great friends ;)