A good night

Hunters pov: 

Once everyone was better we started having dinner together every night. It was always wild as hell but that's what made me happy. These nights of wholesome chaos were slowly making up for all the time I had lost under Beloses cruel system. 

The owl house felt more and more like home every day, the cozy atmosphere giving me a sense of security I didn't know existed while living in the castle. 

Steve, Darious, Eber, Raine, Eda, Luz, King, and Hooty, all laughing and joking like the pain and pressure of life simply didn't exist. I was there too of course,  fighting with luz and tossing Hooty the occasional scrap of food, all while soaking up the comfortable chaos. 

"What are you smiling about hunter?" Luz asked, giving me a nudge. 

"Ah- i don't know." I shrugged before poking at my food, "I'm just happy I guess."

Luz looked at me, raising an eyebrow. I half expected her to start teasing me but she just smiled back. 

"Not so bad and sad anymore are ya." she commented, before taking a swig of my water. 

"Hey that's mine!" I yelled, snatching it back and spilling it over my front in the process. 

Eda hid a laugh as she tossed me a rag. "Luz don't steal from your siblings."

"You one to talk to." Lilly said, walking in with a large basket. "I'm not late am I?" 

"What's in that basket lily?" Eda asked, completely ignoring the question.

"A cake to-" She stopped, glancing at raine who shook their head. "It's for later." 

"A cake? Can I-" Lilly pulled out a rolled paper and smacked her sister on the head.

I smirked and pulled out my scroll to text Edric while Lilly and Eda had their daily fight.

Hunter: Wassup?

Edric: Organizing my collections

Hunter: That's like the 8th time today 

Edric: heh

Hunter: :P 

ping 

Darius: Who are you texting? 

Hunter: Like you don't know

Darius: The grown ups are going out tonight- you should ask him over ;)

Hunter: Your being weird again

Hunter: Do you know what the cake is for? 

Darius: You didn't hear it from me but it's to celebrate a special engagement 

Hunter: Huh?

Darius: Oblivious as always

Darius: Raines going to propose lmao 

Hunter: :O 

Hunter: Do you want to come over for the night?

Edric: Be there in 20 

Later after dinner,- after everything was clean, luz went to her room to draft glyphs and everyone else went out- including hooty for some reason. 

I lay on the couch, scrolling through pensta and occasionally checking the time. 

8:45 

That was almost an hour ago. Edric was supposed to be here by now. I felt a little paranoid, last time this happened he was abducted. 

Taking a deep breath I closed my eyes. Edric was ok. There was nobody in the world who could hurt him. Even his mother was no match for the blight boy. 

Hunter: Where u at? 

Edric: Still at home, sorry my mom was threatening to ground me.

Edric: I would like to see her try 

Hunter: Even if she did im sneaking you out

Edric: >:D

Edric: I'm on my way rn 

A few minutes later there was a knock on the door.

"Edric!" 

"Hey handsome!" He grinned, giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. 

In my room edric gave flapjack a pat on the head before laying down on my bed with a yawn. 

"Ah it's been a long day- is it ok if we just cuddle?" 

"Of course." I said, flopping down on my bed mattress. Edric wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on my shoulder, making my heart flutter 

"I love you Edric." I sighed, gently wrapping my arms around him.

"Love you too Hunter." He smirked, kissing me again- this time on the mouth. 

After breaking the kiss I ruffled his fluffy green hair, leaning back into the pillows while Edric wrapped the two of us in blankets, sinking into the comfortable silence. Edrics chest rising and falling against mine, a gentle reminder that I wasn't alone anymore

And that I would never be alone again. 

_______________

The end <3

Thank you all for reading! Hope to see you in future fics!