Ill come back

Edrics pov:

About ten minutes later we arrived at the healers.

"Edric! glad you woke up." Eda smiled, "How are you feeling?"

"Ok i guess." I said, looking behind here, "Wheres hunter? is he doing alright?"  Edas face fell.

"Hes still breathing." Eda said, "But besides that we dont know."

"can- can i see him?" i asked, feeling the tears well up again.

"Hes in there." Eda replied, pointing at the two doors at the end of the hallway.

"Want me to come with?" Amity asked, putting a hand on my arm.

"Thanks but, i think i want to be alone right now." I said, giving her a weak smile. Amity nodded and took a step back.

I wasent sure what door eda was pointing at so i was about to guess before raine came out of one of them, eyes red.

"Will he be ok doc?"

"Darius is in critical condition, but if all goes well he'll have a full recovery in the next few months."

"thank goodness." Raine sighed, "Thank you so much for helping him."

I looked away, feeling a bit like i had intruded on something.

"Oh hey edric." Raine said, nodicing me and wiping their eyes, "Hunter is in this one."

Raine opened the other door and let me inside. 

It was a bit hard to see in the room, two heavy curtians coverered the window only letting a in sliver of light. Hunter was in the middle of a large bed, a white blanket up to his chest. His head bound in thick gauze.

A wooden chair sat next to the bed so i took a seat, the door shutting behind me.

"Hey hunter."

Hunter said nothing. His ragged breaths the only indicator of life.

"So about last night i-" I paused, looking down at my hands, "Hunter, when you wake up- will you remember me?"

Again, no responce. What was i expecting?

"Even if belos didnt compleate the spell a hit to the head like that could be worse." I continued, words tumbling from my mouth as my mind tried to make sense of everything that happened. "I guess im just . . . scared? Yeah thats it. I dont know whats going to happen and Im fucking scared and im tired. I want you to wake up Hunter. I want you to wrap your arms around me and say everything is going to be alright even though its probably not."

Tears falling down my face I put my hand on hunters, not bothering to wipe my eyes.

"Hunter please..."

Hunters pov:

"hunter please." A scratchy voice whispered.

"Edric we need to go home." I heard amity say. "Im really sorry you cant spend more time with him but mom is super pissed and its gonna get worse the longer we stay."

My mind was foggy, i couldent remember much but my head really hurt.

"No! I want to stay untill he wakes up." Ed argued.

"Edric, he hit his head really hard when darius fell. He might be out for weeks."

There was a pause

"Just a little bit longer?"

"Two more minutes, then meet me outside."

Then i heard the sound of footsteps fading down a hall.

Edric squeezed my hand.

"Ill came back as soon as i can Hunter." Edric promised, placing a gentle kiss on my hot forhead.

Ill be waiting Edric. I thought, twiching in my sleep.

__________________________________

Oof