Healing

Hunters pov:

Things were anything but slow the next few weeks.

Citizens were panicking of course. School had been suspened and the market was in chaos.

Raine and Eda were busyer then ever (they were plotting to take over of the boiling isals government) 

Darius was still in a coma, thankfully the healer said things were looking up- much to all our relif.

. . .

Late one saturday night the owl house was quiet. Hooty on a date with duo, Steve crusing on his bike, and Eda out with Luz, Lilly, and Raine rallying the citizens. 

I was leaning on Edrics shoulder as we sat on the couch. Just haning out and watching the new Monster Boss movie. 

Out of nowhere a thought crossed my mind.

The thing that started this whole series of events. Something that had I had hardly thought for quite a while- dispite its importance.

"Edric would you still love me if I was a grimwalker?"

"Yeah of course." He said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder, "I have a question though."

"Ok ask away." I said, feeling reassured but still a little anxious.

"Grimwalkers are made out of mostly palistrom wood right?"

"Yeah..."

"Which come from a tree. . ."

"Where is this going?"

"Do leaves ever grow out of your hair?" He asked, dead serious.

"Not that I know of." I laughed, a dumb grin spreading across my face before I ruffled his hair. "Damn I love you Edric." 

"Back at you " Edric smiled, wrapping his arms around me as I lazily kissed his face.

"Ppht." Edric chuckled, putting a hand under my chin making my heart to jump. "Come hear and kiss me properly."

. . .

My head healed up wonderfully over the next few months. Mostly thanks to Edric who stayed by my side as much as possible.

"Im leaving her as soon as I can." Edric whined, resting his head on my shoulder after a particularly nasty fight with his mom.

"I fully support that." I said, pulling him into a hug. "We can get a house togther or somthing."

"We can?" Edric looked up at me, his face lighting up. I blushed and looked away. To be honest ive been wanting to bring this up for a few weeks now. After all, we were both seventeen and the days had been passing so fast. It was only a matter time before we could go out on our own.

"I mean why not? We are dating after all."

"That would be awesome." Edric grinned, kissing me on the cheek. "I cant wait."

"Hunter! Edric!" Eda burst in, breaking the peaceful moment.

"Darius is awake!"

I shot up from the couch, heart pounding with exitement. "Really?"

"Yeah! And he wants to talk to you."

"What are you waiting for!" Edric gasped. waving me off, "Go talk to him, ill go over in a few hours so you can be alone."

At the healer I sat down at the chair next to dariuses bed. "Darius?"

"Hey Hunter." He said, turning towards me. "First, dont look at me- im a hot mess. Second-"

I cut him off, pulling him into a tight hug, my eyes filling with tears. "You look fine darius"

"What have I told you about lying?" He replied, trying to sound sarcastic but his voice was laced with affection. "Anyway, how have you been? Tell me everything. The healer said ive been out for a while."

"Oh boy thats a lot of stuff." I smiled. sitting back in my chair. "Where do I even start?"

"Tell me about that green haired boy that jumped in to help rescue you from Belos." Darius said with a smirk, sipping a cup of tea. "If your not dating im going to be dissapointed."

________________

So close to the end yall- gonna miss writing this fic :(