Decisions

Hunters pov

My heart thudded. Eyes blurring from the feelings of rage busting up inside of me.

I want to fucking kill belos. I jumped onto my staff, arcing into the sky at top speed before fear and anxiety pulled me down.

Im not strong enough to face belos, i need backup. Besisides, no matter how angry i am the actual thought of facing belos alone was terrifying.

I need eda.

After taking a second to land and collect my thoughts i hit send.

Hunter:  Meet me at the east side of beloses castle. i know where edric is.

Eda: Be there in 2

Hunter: Thank you a million

It felt weird asking for help like this but i felt a little better knowing she was there for me.

Shit what about amity. I didnt want to worry her. This was going to be taken care of but then again Edric was her older brother

Hunter: I think i know where edric is

Amity: Thank titan go get him

Hunter: I will see you soon

Amity: Btw where is he? Unread

Now that was dealt with i took off again, flying for a few minutes before landing a ways away from the castle

A minute later eda was there. Harpy mode activated.

"Alright where are we headed?" Eda asked.

"If belos is using him to lure me here he would be in the throne room."

Eda nodded, getting ready to spring into action.

"There you are." Kikimora said, appearing out of nowhere. "Come inside. Belos has been expecting you."

Eda stepped in front of me.

"not you ugly pigion, The golden gaurd."

"If hes going in im coming with." Eda growled.

"Fine whatever." Kiki rolled her eyes. "this way..."

. . .

Inside the throne room the air was thick with tesion. Grey mist circled the throne as Belos looked down on us mencingly.

Eda and i stood. Four gaurds at our sides, spears pointed in out direction.

I gulped.

"Great to see you again Golden gaurd." Belos cooed. "ive missed you dearly."

"My name is hunter." I said defiantly, "Wheres edric."

"Right here." Belos said, dramitically waving a hand.

From the fog moved a long abomination tedrill holding a limp figure.

"Edric!" I gasped rushing forward but a sharp spike shot in front of me.

"no no no." Belos said dissaprovingly. "If you want him were going to make a deal."

I looked over at eda who shook her head, then back at belos.

"what is it?"

"ill let edric go, but in exchange you have to come back to me."

Eda put a hand on my shoulder.

"Eda i-" I started but belos wasent done.

"And to ensure you dont run away again . . . you will let me wipe your mind."

I looked back at edric, who was struggling weakly, a steady stream of blood trickling from his arm. Someone shuffling around in the shadows caught my eyes for a second before they dissapeared.

"Not just one of the potions terra whips up, i mean the more permenent one." Belos crooned. "Youll get a fresh start, a new name. Heh, maybe even a new personality so that wretched Edric doesnt like you anymore."

I turned pale. Eda squeezed my shoulder tighter.

"Hunter dont listen to him, hes probably just going to kill Edric any way. The emperor is not a forgiving man." Eda said, eyes darting around the room as she tried to form a plan.

"Eda hes bleeding out." I said, tears beginning to form in my eyes as my mind raced.

"What will it be?" Belos said, "Watch Edric die before your eyes, or go back to the way it was."

Tears streamed down my face and I was painfully aware of the squeezing in my chest. Edric had done so much for me. My first friend, my first boyfriend.

Forgetting Edric would be awful, but i knew for a fact that watching him die would be so much worse

"Ok belos . . .  ive made up my mind."

____________________________________________

OOoooooh cliffhanger :0