Ya like jazz?

Hunters pov

About midday I was on a group chat with willow and skara talking about the next flyer derby match when I got another notification.

Edric: hey

Hunter: Hi

Edric: this is going to sound very random

Hunter: Okkk

Edric: Want to go on a date this evening?

I froze, heart almsot leaping from my chest. Ahh ok i had to play it cool.

Hunter: What time?

Edric: I can pick you up at 7

Hunter: See you then

Edric: Yeye

My face turned hot and I threw my scroll across the room. Grabbing a pillow and biting it to prevent myself from screaming.

Had Edric just asked me out?

I picked my scroll and opened it to reread the messages- hands shaking.

Yup.

ping

My heart jumped. Was that Edric?

Willow: hunter you still there?

Hunter: hahaha yes srry!

Willow: do you think you can come to the match then? Luz said you weren't staying with belos any more

Hunter: Yep 👍

Skara: Awesome XD

I put my scroll down again and grabbed the glass of water next to my bed and sipped it.

Ahhhh fuck what was I supposed to wear?

Ugh I didn't want to do this but I also didn't want to embaress myself.

"Luz!" I yelled out my door, "I need help with something!"

seconds later a familiar face burst in my door. "Need help you say? don't we all hahahahaa- what is it?"

"I kinda have a date and-"

"A date??!" Luz squealed, "With who? Is it Edric? It's Edric isn't it-"

"Ahh shut up!" I yelled, turning red, "Yeah it's Edric."

Luz grinned "Well what do you need from me? Smooth lines to sweep him off his feet? >:3"

"Nope, I'm just wondering what I should wear"

"MAKEOVER!" Luz gasped

"Nothing too drastic." I sighed, "I just don't want to show up looking like a dumpster fire."

that evening at 6:30 I was ready to go. Dark green tank top, a black blazer with matching pants, and my gloves.

Not bad.

Now all I had to do was wait for edric.

"Where you off too?" Eda asked, sitting down on the chair across from me.

"I have a date." I mumbled.

"Ooh good luck kiddo" she grinned.

knock knock

I got up and ran to the door.

"Hey hunter! wow you look really nice." his face turned a shade of pink.

"you do to!" I replied with a grin, looking over his outfit. it was similar to mine except the jacket and pants were lighter and his shirt was magenta monster boss merch that almost matched my eyes.

"Shall we go?" Edric smiled, extending his hand.

I took it and we walked to town, fingers intertwined.

His hands are very soft.

I looked round at Edric who was smiling to himself. Then at the still forest.

Trees.

Yesterday.

you've left me no choice.

Belos words echoed in my mind and I squeezed Edrics hand tighter.

What was he planning?

"Hunter are you alright?" Edric asked, looking over at me, "you've gone all stiff"

"Just a bit nervous." I smiled, not wanting to worry him.

"heh I get it." Edric grinned back, "Suppose it's up to me to break the ice then."

he paused to think before raising an eyebrow, "Ya like jazz?"

"Pftt" I laughed, "I don't even know what that is."

"Neither do I." Edric shrugged, "I heard Luz say it once though."

I smiled. Tonight was going to be perfect.

_________________________

lmao I had to

ty for reading