Nightmares of the dead

Y/n's Pov

After Natsuno woke up from his one hour nap, we chatted with each other, played games and read comics until the sun started going down.

"I should probably start heading out if I want to catch the last bus." Natsuno said placing the comic down and stands up from Tohru's bed.

"The offer is still up if you want to stay Natsuno."

"That's alright. Besides, you only have one futon left and I wouldn't want bother your family in going through the trouble on finding another one."

I stop setting up the futon and turn towards Natsuno.

"The futon I have is actually big enough for two so I don't mind sharing if you don't feel like going back."

Tohru snaps his head in my direction surprised by my suggestion, but Natsuno doesn't think much of it as he turns away and continues to gather his stuff.

"That's alright. I prefer having my own anyway."

"Yeah sure, no problem." I said with a light blush creeping on my face.

Tohru in the other hand has a stupid grin on his face and wiggles his eyebrows having a different thought in mind. I blush furiously catching onto his idea and throw a pillow at his face while Natsuno has his back turned.

Hearing a thud, Nastuno turns back and sees Tohru on his back sprawled on the floor. He slightly raises an eyebrow before shaking his head.

"Anyway, I'll see you guys next time."

"Oh, I'll walk you out. Let me just grab some sandals." Tohru said jumping back up.

"I'll meet you out front. Don't take too long."

With that Natsuno left the room leaving me with Tohru.

After finding his sandals, Tohru leans next to me and nudges my shoulder.

"Aww don't be too sad (Y/n). You could always ask him out next time."

"Yeah....."

Tohru was about to make a joke, but once he saw how serious my expression was, he stopped. He leaned over to place a hand on my shoulder, but stopped himself and left to go meet Natsuno outside.

I lean back on Tohru's bed and sigh rubbing my face.

Really? Sharing a futon? How much of a creep could I be? Ugh at this rate, I'll end up making a fool of myself.

I reached down into my sweater pocket and pull out the music box that Kaori gifted me.

Earlier when I left for the clinic, I ended up grabbing the music box for some reason. I'm not sure why I thought it was a good idea to bring such a delicate gift along, but I like to think of it as a reminder to push myself into keeping my friends safe. Funny how some time has already passed and I still don't know what kind of music this box plays.

I rub the engraved details left on the box before winding the key on the side. It doesn't take long before the song starts playing right away.

***Play music***

"Kuchizuke by BUCK-TICK? I love this song."

I smile letting myself get carried away with the music.

Unknowingly, Nastuno stood behind Tohru's door listening to (Y/n) sing along to the music box.