Megumi? Oh No! (Pt. 1)

(Y/N) Pov

"Megumi!! Where are you!!" I shouted my lungs out as I was dashing through the dark forest with my flash light.

It's been a couple of days since I've last seen Megumi. I was sent out on a search hunt for Megumi and apparently she had been missing since the day I met Natsuno.

I may not be super close with her, but I'm still worried.

"Megumi?" I asked as I pushed a large bush aside.

Where are you?

"Megumi!"

Are you alright?

"Megumi!!!"

I continued to run through the forest until I come into an instant stop. All of a sudden, I get goosebumps and the hairs at the nape of my neck stand.

I feel.... like I'm being watched.

My feet are frozen on the spot. I take a look in my surroundings, but this eerie feeling isn't going away. The only thing I see are large trees and bushes. I place a hand at my nape feeling someone burning their gaze onto my skin.

*Pant* *Pant*

I grip my throat and lean against a tree.

W-what's going on? W-Why is it so hard to b-breath?!

The feeling only intensified and the burn gets stronger and stronger. The air feels tight and I can feel small droplets of sweat run down my face. I whip my head around, trying to find the source thats causing this pain.

My eyes roam around the dark surrounding area until it falls on a large bush with dead leaves near it. I take a small gulp as I decide to go up to it. I reach my hand out to it, ready to take on whatever it is. My hand shakes slightly out of fear, but I push through it.

My finger tips barely touch the leaves when suddenly-

"We found her!!"

My head snaps in the direction I heard the voice.

Megumi?

I look back at the bush and realize that the eerie feeling has stopped. It was almost like it was nothing but an illusion.

It wasn't until then that I realize that a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. The once tense air now feels normal and my heart is now at a steady pace. I quickly push the bush aside to see nothing there. I release a sigh and take a few steps back.

What was that?

My train of thought was broken when I heard more voices calling for Megumi. I slowly back away from the bush and look from the bush to the voices.

Ahh, I should probably meet up with everyone else.

I shake my head and run towards the rest of the search party. While running, I feel the burning gaze yet again but it's very faint. I decide to ignore it and focus on getting to Megumi.

Oh Megumi please be safe....!!

~Small timeskip~

After getting Megumi safely home, Dr. Ozaki came by to check on her. I was standing aside at the corner of her room listening carefully to the doctor.

"How is she doctor?" Her father asked in concern.

"So far she seems to be alright other than a few scrapes and bruises. I would like to take a few blood samples just to make sure everything's alright." Ozaki said calmly and stated to pack up his tools. Megumi was lying on her bed in her pjs and she looked perfectly fine except for her extremely pale complexion. While Dr. Ozaki was talking with Megumi's parents, I kneeled down to her bed.