Sleepover at Tohru's place

Toshio's Pov

I had just parked my car by the clinic and was heading towards the building. I took out the keys from my pocket to unlock the doors, but right when I got closer to the front, I saw a figure up ahead.

"Oh good morning Yasuyo. You're here early."

"Good morning Dr. Ozaki! I apologize for coming on such short notice, but I wanted to see if there was any possible chance that I left my favorite mug by my desk. I couldn't find it last night so I'm hoping it's there. I was planning on waiting till you got here, but I see there is no need for that now."

"I see." I said nodding my head going up the front steps.

"What brings you here so early doctor?" Yasuyo asked wrapping her scarf closer to her face due to the cool breeze.

"I have some important business to cover before we.... hm?"

I immediately stopped myself as I noticed that the front doors was already unlocked.

That's strange. I was sure I locked the doors last night. Did someone break in?

I got myself on guard as I searched for some kind of tool to use as a weapon. Noticing my change in attitude, Yasuyo spoke to me in a calm tone.

"Is everything alright doctor?"

"Get behind me Yasuyo and keep your head down."

She didn't question me and did as she was told looking around in suspicion as well. I grabbed a loose bar off the side and held it close to my body. I slowly opened the door noticing a track of muddy footprints leading to the waiting room. I nod Yasuyo to come in and she does so keeping a safe distance.

I kept following the footprints until I reach the room and what I saw was quite unexpected. There lying on the lobby couch was (Y/n) passed out on the couch with his limbs sprawled about along with (D/n) sleeping by him in a similar manner. I sigh in relief shaking my head at the display.

"You can come out Yasuyo, false alarm."

"(Y/n) was the one who broke in?"

"I told him to come early, but I didn't expect him to come this early." I said dropping my materials off to the side.

"How did he get in?"

"I'm not quite sure to be honest." I said bending down to see his condition and end up finding multiple ruined bobby pins by his side answering the earlier question.

"I'm honestly surprised how he didn't activate the alarm system." Yasuyo said chucking a little from seeing the broken bobby pins.

"I still have some time before my shift starts, I could take him home Dr. Ozaki."

"Thanks for the help, but I'll take it from here."

Yasuyo nods back while I take a moment and kneel beside the couch next to them. Upon closer looks, both of them are covered in a thick layer of dirt along with scratches covering their bodies. While it may not seem much, it almost looks like they have been through hell trying to get here.

This conversation must be really important for you to show up this early and bruised.

"Geez kid, you really ought to take better care of yourself. Heh... and here you were criticizing me on my own health."

I smile before shaking my head and standing back up.

"I'll be in the break room to treat his wounds for the time being. I gotta clean up this kids mess. Oh and remind me to update the alarm system when I get back."