Bringing Connections

Akira's Pov

"I can't deny it! There's something strange going on here." I said stomping my way to the porch steps before flopping down with a watermelon in my hands. Kaori turns to me in confusion with a watermelon lying in her hands as well.

"What? What do you mean?"

"In the village!" I said taking a bite of my watermelon.

"All these people in this village suddenly dying... Megumi and Yashiyuki and all the others. I'm telling you they're connected somehow."

Kaori turns away from me and looks down at her watermelon deep in thought while I take another bite into mine.

"And it started when those weirdos moved here. You told me Yashiyuki spoke with the woman before he died right? Megumi too! She died after she walked up to Kanemasa and we know she met the woman at the house because she told you!" I finish the finish the rest of the fruit in one go before giving Kaori a big grin.

"Buuuuut they said they didn't know anything-"

"Please stop!!"

Kaori yelled and threw her hands to cover her ears, dropping the watermelon in the process.

Her action catches me off guard since she hardly ever raises her voice. I look down at the dropped watermelon and then back up at Kaori giving her a look of concern.

"Are you okay?" I asked in a soft voice. She slowly shakes her head no with her eyes glued shut before speaking up.

"I......I don't want to talk about it. Not about this stuff." Her voice cracks up in the middle of her sentence which breaks my heart because I don't like seeing my sister hurt. After that she gets up and walks inside hugging herself.

"Kaori......"

I turn my head down and stare at the floor deep in thought.

*Sigh* I know I'm right about this. These deaths are connected. I know it! Maybe (Y/N) can help me figure this out.

~Timeskip~

Y/N Pov

"Argh not again!"

"Haha better luck next time loser!" I said laughing at Tohru after beating him in another round of playing video games.

I'm currently hanging out at Tohru's house playing video games. Natsuno is sitting on the bed reading a magazine and we are playing (F/G) *fav game*. A few minutes into our game, Masao bursts into the room.

"Tohru! Did you hear?! Nao, the contractor's wife is-"

Masao stops mid sentence seeing me and Natsuno in the room. Tohru pauses the game to say hello to Masao while I give him a small smile and wave. I wouldn't say Masao is one of my closest friends, but he's not a bad guy. I do find him over the top and annoying sometimes, but I try my best to see the good side. 

He waves back awkwardly at us and say hi under his breath before giving Natsuno a glare from the corner of his eye. Natsuno completely ignores Masao and continues to read. Noticing the glare that Masao was giving Natsuno, Tohru asks him about Nao.

"Hey, what's wrong with Nao?"

Masao turned back to us remembering why he was here.

"Oh that's right! Nao passed away!" 

Tohru was surprised while I turned my head away still upset on how she died.

"What? But she was so young." Tohru said with a sad look in his eyes.