Ozaki's Clinic

Natsuno's Pov

I wonder if I'm ever going to go home.....

I thought as I stood in the middle of the road staring off to the direction of the city. The heat of the sun burns into my back with little to no breeze to cool me down. I can hear light tapping going off in the back of my mind. The little noises that would normally be discarded are now buzzing into my ears. Negative thoughts cloud my mind as the noises pound into my skull.

What's so special about this place? Sure the school is decent and I made at least one friend, but is there really anything else?

I sigh and lightly shake my head to rid these thoughts.

I guess it doesn't really matter how much I think about it now. If anything, as soon a I graduate I could always leave. No, as soon as I graduate, I will leave.

I nod to myself and clear my mind only to hear little tapping increase in volume.

"Hm?"

My brain tries to process what the noise is, but my eyes widen when I realize the noise is getting louder and it's coming... right from behind??

A scream breaks my thought and right when I turn around, a flash of black comes rushing at me.

"Ahh!"

I land on the floor with a loud thud and feel a wet tongue licking me on my cheek. I don't even need to open my eyes to see that it's a dog. My eyebrows furrow when I hear another pair of tapping coming up to me.

"Oh my gosh, I'm terribly sorry about that! He just slipped through his new collar."

I heard the woman say and I felt the weight lighten from my chest. I open my eyes and see that it was Ritsuko. She was wearing casual clothes and she held a very apologetic look as she waited for my answer.

"It's alright." I said calmly and I push myself back up. I begin to walk down the road and Ritsuko speeds up a little to catch my pace.

Why is she following me? Mmm..... I guess it's alright if it's just her.

"Hey so how's it going? Are you enjoying you stay here in Sotoba?"

I look at her for a quick moment to see her beaming smile aimed towards me.

"It's alright."

She laughs at my response before speaking.

"Don't worry. Sotoba has it's moments. I'm sure you'll be loving this place in no time."

After a few minutes of waking we passed by a few elderly talking amongst themselves.

"Is that the kid who moved here a few month ago?"

"Yeah that's him! What a handsome young boy!"

"Are they dating each other?"

"What a cute couple!"

"I approve!"

I glared at them from hearing that and started to walk faster.

"Wait up Natsuno!" Ritsuko said trying to catch up to me.

"Don't call me that!" I snapped turning to face her.

"Huh? Why not? It's such a lovely name." She looked suprised by my sudden outburst.

"I-I just don't like being called that." I turned my head away from her and walked ahead looking down. Ritsuko seemed a little sad by this, but decided not to press the subject. We soon came to a stop under some shade and bought some soda from a soda machine.