Megumi? Oh No! (Pt.2)

(Y/N) Pov

**Play Ost**

After I heard the tragic news, I ran all the way home and plopped on top of my bed with tears threatening to spill out. (D/N) was sitting besides the (F/C) bed with their head on top of their paws.

"No..... thats not true.... they- they're lying. Megumi was just fine last night. There's no *sniff* there's no way that she's gone." I said to myself in a shaky voice.

*Whine* *Bark*

(D/N) cried lifting their head up gently.

"She's fine.... right (D/N)?" Before (D/N) got to respond I heard a knock on the door.

"Y/N sweetie? Is everything alright? You came back so suddenly. I thought you were going to say 'Hi' to Megumi? " Mom was leaning by the door frame with a worried expression. She was still wearing  her apron from cooking the breakfast and my dad was standing beside her with his arms crossed. I didn't say anything and turned my head away from them so that they don't have to see my face.

"I... I just need some time alone." I said barley audible, but my parents were lucky enough to hear. Mom decided to let it go for now and nod her head. Dad however wasn't truly convinced and tried to speak but mom didn't allow it and lightly glared at him. He sighs accepting defeat and turns to me.

"If you don't want to say anything now, thats alright. We can talk later."

"Oh and you should start getting ready for school. Wouldn't want you missing school now do we?" Mom claps her hands together giving me a soft smile.

Actually, missing school sounds nice righty about now.

"Don't even think about it Y/N." Dad said smirking at me almost as if reading my mind. I chuckle slighty at how well my dad knows me.

I really shouldn't try to avoid my problems...... ugh, what a pain.

"K...... give me 5 minutes." I said moving over to my closet. Mom nods leaves the room along with Dad.

*Whine*

(D/N) whines and cuddles to my leg and gives my hands a small lick. They do so in such a careful and calm manner. It was almost as if they were afraid of me... afraid that I would crumble down like a delicate flower.

I've lost people in the past, but never like this.... never so quickly. I know Megumi never really though much of me.... but I had always hoped that were would become good friends one day....

I sigh rubbing the back of my neck and slowly turn towards (D/N).

"Heh... I'm alrighty (D/N). You don't need to worry about me." I scratch their head and give them a small smile.

"I should hurry up and get ready."

~timeskip~

I was sitting here in class ready for the final bell to ring and signify the end of the school day. During the passing periods, I have overheard some people talking about Megumi's death and how her funeral was going to take place later on in the afternoon.

"*sigh* Looks like I have to accept the fact that she's actually gone."

I sit alone in my desk by the window with my head resting on the palm of my hand.

"Hey did you hear the news? It seems like that Shimizu chick died this morning!"

I look over to the group of students near me. It was a small but very loud bunch. I try me best to ignore them and gaze strait ahead but I unconsciously tune in their conversation.