Fatality

⚠️ Warning this chapter mentions a dark theme ⚠️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n) Pov

"Natsuno!"

I called out, jogging over to him. Once I caught up to him, we started heading towards Tohru's place.

"You seem awfully cheerful for someone who's on their way to check up on a sick friend."

"Sorry, it's not usual when you want to hang out."

"I.... that's alright."

"Does Aoi know that you were planning to drop by as well?"

"Yeah, I gave Aoi a call to let her know I was coming as well. She said we can go right inside once we arrive."

I nod my head as we both walk in silence.

"Hey, thanks again for coming with me to see Tohru. I'm starting to get a little worried for him. He hasn't talked to me lately. Which is fine and all, but..... something just seems a little off. It's unusual of him to skip school 2 days in a row back to back."

"3 actually."

"Huh?"

"On the day you were absent. Tohru didn't show up to school."

I stopped feeling more anxious.

"Wait... 3 days?"

"Hey, calm down. That's why we're heading over to his place to check up on him. Until we see him in person, don't assume the worst."

I nod and shake my head trying to relax myself.

"You're right, I'm sorry.

"Don't apologize when you have nothing to be sorry for."

"I'm sorry- I mean- *sigh* You know what? I'm probably overthinking this. He's fine and when we see him, we'll have another sleepover and.... maybe you'll be able to come this time?"

I said nervously raising an eyebrow unsure of how Natsuno felt about the invite.

"I suppose it couldn't hurt to attend." He smiles softly with his eyes closed. I grin widely at his agreement feeling much better.

"Great! We'll have it over at Tohru's place again so he won't have to move a lot just in case he still feels unwell. I'll bring all kinds of snacks and we could try out that new video game I've been hearing about!"

Natsuno smiles softly hearing me go on about future plans. It doesn't take long before we reach Tohru's neighborhood with his house only a few houses down.

"Hey-"

Before Natsuno could continue, Toshio rushes past us on his bike.

"Woah, watch the speed limit there doctor."

I said cuffing a hand over my mouth so he could hear me better before noticing that he stopped right in front of Tohru's house rushing in.

Immediately feeling the mood drop, Natsuno and I rush inside. When we got in, the living room was empty. I peaked over towards the kitchen meeting the same results.

"No......"

"It looks like they're upstairs. Come on."

A deep pit fell in my stomach as we both ascended the stairs feeling heavy tension. We made our way up the stairs and even though it was a short trip up, it felt like eternity.

"How is he doctor? Is out brother going to be okay?"

Please tell me this isn't happening.

We slowly walked down the hallway towards Tohru's room. The floorboards creaked loudly under our weight, but it couldn't match the weight I felt inside my chest.