Strange actions

Muroi's Pov

Villagers are dying, day after day, one after another.

I thought driving towards Ryuujii's workplace on my motorbike.

We have to find out what kind of disease this is. I hate to do this to the families, but we need more information about the deceased symptoms and their behavior. I hope I'll find something.... some clue.

I pull up to the house and see one of Ryuuji's coworkers step out of the shop.

"Hi Jr. Monk. What brings you here?"

"I came because I heard of Ryuuji's unfortunate passing the other day. I'd like to offer some incense if I may."

The man nods his head and leads me inside where they pay tribute to his memory.

Surely if I ask enough questions, I'll find out something.

"He had his regular checkup in spring and there didn't seem like there was any problem and then out of nowhere, he died of heart failure."

"So, he hadn't seemed sick."

"To be honest, we don't really know much. He actually turned in his resignation on the same day he passed away."

"Was that something you expected?"

"No. He came in and informed us that he was resigning immediately and made a big fuss then just fainted."

"How strange... maybe he had been feeling sick after all."

The villager shakes his head softly looking sad.

"That doesn't make sense though. He knows how we operate. If he was sick, he could have called in sick. I don't know what he was thinking..."

After paying my respect, I head back outside and bowed before getting back on my motorbike to meet up with another villager.

"Takatoshi Hirosawa from central Sotoba died on August eleventh.. I didn't know Mr. Hirosawa as he wasn't one of the Temples patrons. But considering your role in central Sotoba, I'd thought you might know something."

"No, it used to be that I knew everyone around here like they were a member of my own family. Things have changed in recent years."

"I see.."

"The first time I heard of him was at his own funeral. According to his family, he fainted at a gambling parlor and never regained consciousness."

"So... he hadn't been sick?"

"Likely not, but oddly enough he quit his job three days before it happened."

"Left his job?" I asked surprises by the off behavior.

"Even his parents didn't know he was planning on resigning. Time sure has changed."

Quit his job. That's two people that have quit their jobs....

I pay my respects and once again left to go meet up with yet another villager, searching for more clues.