Halloween special

Y/c = your costume

(Y/n) Pov

~~1 year ago~~

"Ok, have fun (Y/n) and stay safe."

"Will do mom. See you later."

I waved to my mom as I left the house to meet up with Akira, Kaori and Tohru for Halloween. This year, I was dressed up as (Y/c).

"Yo! (Y/n) over here!"

I looked up and saw Tohru waving me over with Akira and Kaori already there. I quickly jog up to them with a smile on my face. Tohru was wearing a skeleton costume wearing light makeup to match his face to his costume. Kaori was dressed as a witch with simple accessories so as not to draw much attention. Akira on the other hand, really got into the spirit this year and went all out with his zombie costume makeup with fake blood splattered in a few spots.

"I like your costume (Y/n)." Kaori said with a smile. I thanked her and complimented on her costume as well.

"Come on Kaori! Let's go before all the houses run out of candy!" Akira said tugging his sister's arm towards the nearest house.

"There's no rush Akira. It's not like the candy will be going anywhere." Tohru said with a laugh.

The village isn't really well populated with children, but all of the elders still find joy in handing out candy. Most of the adults typically hold Halloween dinner parties which is what our parent are doing.

"Oh Megumi! Hi!"

We turned our heads to where Kaori called out and see Megumi a few feet way from us dressed up as a pop star.

"Hi Megumi! You look nice. Do you want to join us? We're going trick or treating."

Megumi didn't seem too thrilled about my offer and scoffed.

"Pff, only babies still go trick or treating."

"So then why are you still dressing up?" Akira said mumbling. We all laughed causing Megumi to blush in embarrassment before storming off elsewhere.

"Guess she's not in the mood to go trick or treating." Kaori said with a sad smile.

"Oh well, guess that means more candy for us."

With that, we were off going door to door. The first few stop, the elders were gracious enough to give us full size candy bars. We were even able to stop by the clinic that had a little candy station set up outside. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see Toshio as he was swamped with paperwork, as usual, but at least I was able to greet Kyouko who volunteered to pass out the candy. The night went fairly well, but the last few houses..... passed out questionable treats in my opinion.

"Who gives out raisins as Halloween treat?" Akira mumbled looking at his treat in disdain.

"At least you got something edible. I got a tooth brush." I said with an equal amount of energy.

"I'm not sure whether to feel lucky or not about getting an apple as a treat." Kaori said holding a plain red apple.

"Come on, don't be like that guys. We should be lucky we got anything." Tohru gave us a rounded hug trying to lighten the mood.

"They gave you pencils Tohru."

"Halloween themed pencils."

"Well, we should probably head back home." I suggested turning in the direction to our neighborhoods.

"Now?! But the night is still so young!"

"We shouldn't venture too far Akira. Besides, we still have school tomorrow." Kaori told her brother.