Goodbye... or is it?

3rd Pov

A figure sneaks through the forest, making their way towards one house in particular. Their pale skin glows under the moonlight with their fuchsia hair neatly tied up. Their nails and makeup done neatly, paired with a nice fitting dress. Certainly this individual dressed to impress.

Reaching their destination, the figure peaks over past a large bush and sees their long awaited crush just past the closed curtains. Just when they were about to leave their hiding spot and walk up to the window, the light turns on, causing them to freeze in place.

Inside the room, Natsuno stares at his closed windows with his hand hovering over the light switch.

After keeping still for another moment longer, Natsuno turns his light back off before heading to the living room with the plan of sleeping on the couch.

The figure steps out of the bushes revealing Megumi. With butterflies her stomach, she walks closer to the window hoping to catch a glimpse of his face. Feeling something off under her shoe, she looks down and meets a heartbreaking sight.

My letter....

Megumi bends down and picks up the pieces of the letter that took her all summer to write. Tears run down her face feeling the hard rejection hit her in the face.

Even after death, I'm not wanted...

Holding the pieces close to her chest she begins to walk away, but not before taking one last glance towards his window.

Natsuno....

Megumi scrunches her eyes and walks away with her head hung down.

What did I do to make you hate me so much?

Soon enough, her soft steps turn into harsh stomps with a wide range of emotions rushing through with anger being the most prominent of emotions.

Is it too much to ask for love? You didn't even give me a chance!

Megumi grips the pieces of the letter and throws them to the side, letting the night breeze sweep them away. Despite having no need for air, she couldn't stop herself from taking deep ragged breaths. Unable to stand the pain in her un-beating heart, she collapse to the floor.

Am I truly not meant to be happy?

Megumi closes her eyes and takes a moment to herself to take in her surroundings and feel the cool breeze whist by her.

(Y/n) would never do something as harsh as this.

Megumi sees a stray flower close by and plucks the delicate plant from its roots. While softly caressing the petals in her hand, Megumi thought of the flowers that (Y/n) left for her grave and smiled at the thought before turning into a sad frown.

I don't want to be alone anymore.

Natsuno's Pov

I came back outside in the morning to check out the area near my window and sure enough, the torn pieces of the postal card were no longer there.

I thought she was here last night. It's gone.

I quickly check my surroundings to make sure she wasn't here. Once I was sure I was alone, I check the window for any weak spots.

Creepy stalker. I won't be killed so easily.

Seeing nothing out of place, I head back inside to grab an apple and just when I was about to leave the house, dad stops me.