Ch 1: "Lena"

LENA KIERAN LUTHOR POV

"Yes! Sam, come over here and look at the results!" I exclaim as I motion for Sam to come near me. She grins as she rushes over to my workstation and observes the reports displayed on the screen.

"It worked! I can't believe this! We did! The Harun-El worked!" She yells in excitement making me laugh as she envelops me in a tight hug as we both smile like idiots.

But dammit! We deserve to! I have been working on it for 6 months! And 4 months of hard work with Sam! After the Adam incident 4 months ago, it took Sam and me 3 months to isolate the healing ability! And now one month later it worked on EVERY animal we tested on!

Now we can start the human trials! And hopefully, get success without anyone dying this time.

As we both pull back, I take another look at the results before looking back toward Sam. "You should go home Ruby must be waiting for you..."

She came back 4 months ago and took her job back. Which I honestly didn't think she would do. After all the Reign drama I thought she would want some peace. National City isn't exactly famous for that! But I am happy she did!

"I will! But promise you will try to drink less tonight?" She asks making me chuckle.

"Come on! If anything I should drink more! I will have to celebrate!" I say with a grin making her groan.

"Come on, Lena! I am being serious! Promise me!"

"Ok, I will try! But no promises!"

She huffs as she shakes her head. "I suppose that's the best I can get! Good night!"

"Good night!"

After Sam leaves, I wrap up in the lab before using the elevator to go to my office. I lean against the metal wall of the elevator as I sigh. God! This has been a great day after so long! I hope nothing ruins my mood tonight! I groan to myself as I realize I just jinxed myself.

As I enter my office, heading towards the bedroom attached I notice a letter sitting on my desk. Curious I walk up to my desk to find a post-it stuck on top.

'You got this in the mail today. -Eve'

Wordlessly, I pick up the letter before ripping it open. I unfold the letter inside to find that this letter inside is from none other than my dear brother, Lex. There goes my good mood.

He wants to meet me tomorrow. He says he has a proposal for me and that he is sure I wouldn't be able to say no. I throw the letter back on the table before heading toward my liquor cabinet.

I am sorry, Sam. I tried. I was going to Sleep. But my dear brother ruined my mood and I need a drink.

Seething with anger I gulp down the whole glass of whiskey before pouring myself another. "Forget it..." I mumble as I abandon the glass and drink straight from the bottle, heading toward my couch to take a seat.

Just as my back relaxed against the couch, my phone pinged with a message. It's Kara. I ignore it and my aching heart.

6 Months.

584 Messages. 360 Missed Calls.

She is persistent I will give her that. The day we defeated Reign and saved Sam. I got a pen drive containing the truth about Supergirl's real identity as a gift from Lex. And I lost my best friend...the woman that I love. Kara Danvers or should I say Kara Zor-El or better yet Supergirl.

My mom betrayed me. My brother betrayed me. But when I met Kara I thought that I finally had a person in my life who would never betray me. Who trusted me...But she ended up betraying me too.

I let out a hollow chuckle as I whispered to myself, "Even she doesn't trust me..."

I love Kara. I am in love with my best friend. But I knew I could never have her that way. I don't deserve her. I was ok with that.

I was happy with being her Best Friend. Because I knew she deserved better than me. She deserved better than Luthor. But I guess my luck didn't even want me to have her as a friend.

I frown when no liquor enters my mouth. Frowning I look down at the bottle, it's empty. "I need another..." I mumble as I stumble on my way to get another bottle for myself.

At least Kara's betrayal made one thing clear. That I am an idiot and that I started trusting people too much. Soon after, I discovered that Eve had been working for my brother all this time. Telling him everything. I didn't fire her of course but now Lex only knows what I want him to know and she is perfect for that.

I am never going to be in the dark ever again. I also found out that Lex has been going in and out of his prison whenever he wants. I don't know what he does but knowing him, it can't be good. What is he doing in Kaznia anyway!?

It's funny how a broken heart makes you doubt everything and find the truth about people. My gaze fell on the letter. I will meet him tomorrow. But this time it won't be him playing games. This time I will be the one playing a game of my own.

He is the reason I lost Kara! I hope I never found out this truth! But I know now, and I am going to make sure he pays for everything he has done! It did prove one thing: 'Truth can be bitter.'

There couldn't be a better example.

Clink!

My second bottle! Damn! I usually pass out after the second. I shrug as I open my third. Do you know the worst thing?

In the deepest part of my heart, I know...I know I am still in Love with Kara Zor-El. I don't know how to stop. I wish I did.

With that last thought, I find my eyelids closing as I place the half-empty bottle on the coffee table and I let the darkness consume me.

-

Hey, Guys! Here's the first chapter of my first Supercorp fanfic, hope you liked it! Suggestions are always welcome!

This book can ALSO be found on AO3 under Blue_Blood103! But please inform me and report it if you find it anywhere else or under any other name!

For updates, new books or to talk to me follow my Instagram: b_blood103

Please comment with your thoughts!

-BB😊