Ch 12: "Anxious & Hurt"

Kara Danvers POV

"Kara!"

"Kara!"

"KARA!"

"What!?" I exclaim when I see Nia standing in front of me with a concerned expression.

"What are you thinking about? You seem so lost in thought..."

I sigh as I look at my phone once again.

"Lena. She went on a trip and she said she will be back by 1 but it's 3 pm now and no news from her."

"She must be tired and slept in."

I shook my head.

"It's Lena, she is like a damn vampire! She would have definitely messaged me if she was back. Plus, I already tried to hear her heartbeat. She is not in National City. What if she is hurt?" I wondered out loud.

I knew I should have insisted on coming with her!

"Did you try Sam?" She suggested.

"No, let me try her right now!" I said before dialing her number.

"Hey, Kara! How are you?"

"I am good. Do you know where Lena is?"

"No, last I heard she went somewhere in Russia."

"Do you know where?"

"No. But why? What happened?"

"Lena was supposed to be here by 1 pm. I know it might be nothing, but I have a bad feeling."

"Give me a few minutes. I will find her location."

Sam😊😁: Gorod Kirovsk Murmansk Oblast, Russia
          67.831220, 33.944535
          Her Coordinates.

"Cover for me.." I instruct Nia before flying out.

-
Lena Kieran Luthor

"Miss. Luthor, I am confident you are going to love my findings very much." Dex greets me, as I jump down the helicopter.

"I hope so, Dex. You are a very expensive employee to have." I say as I follow him.

He laughs.

"This will prove Miss. Luthor, that I am very useful too." He says with a smirk.

After half an hour of hiking, we reach the uneven ground and a few meters away a cave, hidden by nature.

"You might want to put on your radiation suit..." He suggests.

I nod. I tap a button on my watch which covers my skin in a see-through suit. Can't be seen, only felt.

I see Dex doing the same.

"Thanks, for the tech." He says with a smile before walking forward until we are at the entrance of the cave.

"Before we go in let me brief you on our security measures."

I nod.

"15 snipers are covering the 6 km radius of this area. Sensors cover the air and ground area of this whole mountain range. Any human or alien or machine has no chance of entering this place."

"What is inside?"

He smirks as he answers,

"Kryptonite. A kind that is not known to anyone on this planet."

I raise a brow.

"How are you so sure?"

His smirk only widens.

"Because despite its basic structure, it doesn't harm Kryptonians. I am calling it Anti-Kryptonite."

~~~

After a few hours of tests, I concluded Dex is right.

This...Anti-Kryptonite isn't harmful to Kryptonians. Instead humans.

It affects humans the same way green Kryptonite does Kryptonians. It's the same color but if you observe, you can see it's less bright than green Kryptonite.

"I need all of this shifted from here."

He nods.

"What about the other thing?"

I look at the...Kryptonite steel.

I can't move it without super strength. But I can't leave it here, I will inform Alex. I don't need it anyway.

"Leave it. I will take care of it."

"Yes, Miss. Luthor." He says before leaving the cave.

I focus back on the chunk of Anti-K on my table. I remove my anti-radiation suit and put the pair of tweezers down.

I gulp.

I slowly touch the chunk and...

nothing happens!

What!?

I pick it up and hold it in my hand.

Nothing happens.

I squeeze it in my hands.

Nothing.

I put it down and pick up the beaker with the liquified version of this.

I touch the liquid.

Nothing.

Hesitantly I drink some of it...

Nothing, just a little...I don't know bitter?

What the hell is happening!?

I quickly take a syringe and fill it with Anti-K.

I put the needle over the vein on my arm before injecting it.

I wait for a few minutes and...

NOTHING!

"What the hell is happening!?" I exclaim out loud in irritation.

I look at the time, 12:25 pm. This means 4:25 am in America.

I should leave it will take about half an hour to reach the airstrip in half an hour by helicopter.

I walk out to the entrance and see Dex talking to 6 six of his crew members.

"Dex!" I call out.

"Yes, Miss. Luthor?" He asks as he jogs over to me.

"I am leaving. You will take care of everything?"

He nods, as he moves aside for a guy to go inside.

"Yes, Don't worry about it! This is Mark and he will escort you to the helicopter. I will inform you when everything is done."

"Good!" I say before following Mark.

I must have only taken a few steps before,

*BOOM!*

I get flown away a few yards and my head hits a stone before my world goes black.

-
Kara Danvers POV

I slam down on the Russian ground before my eyes start scanning the area.

By the looks of it, something blasted here.

I notice a cave a few yards ahead.

Inside I find nothing but steel...?

Ignoring all of this search for anything that might suggest Lena was here but nothing.

It's like this place was swept clean.

I groan in irritation as my concern for Lena increases.

Just as I was about to leave, my phone buzzed.

"Lena!" I breathe out as I immediately answer the phone.

"Kara..." Her voice comes out tired.

"Where are you?"

"At The Continental but you don't need to-' I hang up the phone and rush to her.

-

Hey, Guys! Hope you liked the chapter! A new type of kryptonite, what do you think?

Why do you think Lena isn't affected?

What do you think is going to happen in the next chapter?

Please comment with your thoughts!

This book can ALSO be found on AO3 under Blue_Blood103! But please inform me and report it if you find it anywhere else or under any other name!

For updates, new books or to talk to me follow my Instagram: b_blood103

-BB😊