Ch 16: "Gala"

Lena Kieran Luthor POV

"Lena! What are you doing here?" Alex asks, confused to see me at the DEO entrance as she gets off her bike before removing her helmet.

"I need your help with something, it...let's talk inside?"

"Of course, let's go." She says before we start walking inside.

"How come you need my help?" She asks on the way.

"I have been stuck with this for a week now and Kara suggested to reach out to you. Get a fresh perspective."

"Let's see if I and my team can help you. Agent Dox come with us please." Alex instructs as we pass by him before entering a lab on the first floor.

"How can I help?" Querl says as they turn to look at me with curiosity.

I lift the briefcase from my hand onto the table between us before looking them in their eyes.

"After everything that happened with Kara, I wanted to be prepared for anything so I hired a guy to find me anything extra-terrestrial, and a week ago he did. He found a new type of kryptonite in a cave deep in the mountains of Russia. I call it Anti-Kryptonite because despite its same appearance and basic structure it doesn't affect Kryptonians."

"What do you mean? Then what does it do?"

"It affects humans instead like green kryptonite does to Kara or other Kryptonians."

"While interesting, it seems very straightforward to me Miss. Luthor. Why do you need our help?" Querl asks in confusion making me smile.

"Because it doesn't affect me..." I say making them look at me in shock but before they could say anything I open my briefcase to reveal three things; a small piece of Anti-K, a few vials filled with liquidized Anti-K, and a cylindrical container containing the gaseous form of Anti-K.

"Director, can you come closer and touch the rock for a few seconds?" I ask.

She nods before coming closer, trying to pick up the rock but as soon as she touches it, she yelps back in pain, "Fuck!"

"As I said, it hurts humans. But in my case..." I trail off before easily picking up the rock in my hands.

"I have tried everything, touching it, inhaling it, injecting it, drinking it, letting its light touch my skin but nothing! I have run so many tests but I can't find anything in my blood, I am at a dead end and I want your help to figure out why..."

Querl steps forward before opening his hand out in front of me, "Can I?" I nod as I hand him the rock.

"I would be more than happy to help you because this is the first time I have come to know about more types of Kryptonite. Even in the future, there is no data on any other types of Kryptonite other than we already know of...." Querl says making I and Alex look at each other in realization.

"That means..." Alex starts.

"Someone or something is changing the timeline." I finish.

After a few moments of silence, Alex looks at me with determination before stating, "We are going to help you, Lena. Not only to help you but also because this is DEO business from now on."

"Lena, wait a second!" Hearing Alex's voice I turn around to face her as she stops in front of me.

"What is it, Alex?" I ask.

"Lena I know I shouldn't say anything about what happened between you and Kara. In fact, I am happy you two resolved everything despite the amount of time it took. But I also know that the incident made you realize different things which made you take these steps..."