Ch 15: "Fluff"

Lena Kieran Luthor POV

I feel peaceful as I roll over in bed, hearing the shower running a few feet and a thin wall away. Diminishing the momentary panic I realize where I am...the feeling of the well-used bedsheets, the lingering aroma of the sandalwood candle. I am in Kara's house in her bed.

I softly open my eyes but shut them back tightly as the sunlight brings a strong headache and steals away my peace. I groan leaves my throat as I remember the events of last night. A bittersweet feeling settles in my chest, the sweet overpowering the bitter in a matter of seconds.

Powering through the pain I slowly open my eyes as they land on the bedside table. A smile graces my lips when I see a glad water and an aspirin with a 'drink me' and 'eat me' post-it on them...I follow the Post-it instructions before getting up and walking out to the living room. Finding nobody I conclude she is on some Supergirl emergency so I decide to get ready for the day myself.

"Lena you're ready..." Kara softly says as walks further inside the house after landing on the balcony. I smile as I walk toward her.

"Yeah, I woke you weren't here so I thought I should freshen up."

She nods as she smiles.

"You look good. In my clothes I mean, you look good. Casual suits you."

I chuckle as I look down at her university T-shirt and old sweatpants.

"Thanks, I feel comfortable!" I say as we both start to move toward her kitchen.

"Obviously! I can't imagine how you manage to be in those formal clothes and heels all the time. Doesn't it hurt?" Kara asks as her face scrunches up adorably making me smile as I start making coffee.

"I am used to it, I have been wearing those heels for so long it barely hurts anymore. Coffee?" I ask.

"No, I am good. But can we talk about the elephant in the room please?" She asks with an excited expression.

My gaze falls on the stuffed elephant on her bookshelf as a teasing smile forms on my lips. I walk up to the shelf and grab the stuffed toy before walking back to her.

"This elephant?" I ask innocently making her frown and glare at me.

"Not funny, Lee! You suck at jokes!" She exclaims as she snatches the toy before putting it back in its original place.

I chuckle as I shrug, "What can I do? Luthors don't exactly have the best sense of humor."

"Oh, come on Lee! You can't blame your Luthor genes on this one!" Kara exclaims as she throws her head back before she comes to stand in front of me.

"Oh, really? That's unfair. Who am I supposed to blame this on?" I ask with a smirk.

She grins mischievously as she leans forward, her lips grazing my ear causing my breath to hitch in my throat as I grip the counter top feeling her breath fall on my ear, raising goosebumps all over my body.

"Maybe you should just admit that you, Lena. Have no sense of humor!" She says before pulling back with a shit-eating grin on her face.

"I will never admit such a thing!" I say over a huff.

She grins as she moves closer making me take a step back. She raises her hands moving her fingers in a claw motion causing me to widen my eyes as I realize her intentions.

"Kara, don't you dare!" I threaten as I keep moving backward.

"Admit it!"

"Never!" My famous last words before Kara trapped me in her arms, mercilessly tickling me causing me to loudly laugh as tears prick my eyes and my stomach to start hurting considering how hard I am laughing.