Ch 13: "Affection"

Kara Danvers POV

"Lena, are you ok?" I ask as I step into her room after landing on the balcony.

"I am fine...you didn't have to come." She says as she tries to sit up.

I hold her shoulder and push her down on the bed.

"Lena you have a bandage around your head! I should have come with you from the start." I say as I sit beside her on the bed.

"It's not even a concussion. I just need to sleep this off. I will be fine in a few hours."

I shake my head.

"Nope. No way you are getting rid of me."

She sighs.

"What about National City? What if someone attacks while you are here wasting your time taking care of me?"

"Fine. Let me take you back to my home. I can take care of you and the city at the same time. Ok?"

She looks at me for a few seconds before nodding.

I lift her in my arms before walking to the balcony.

"Don't let me fall..." Lena mumbles as she tightens her arms around my neck as nuzzles her head in my neck.

I smile as I kiss her forehead.

"I won't..." I say before flying off.

~~~

"Are you ok? Do you need anything? More pillows? Blankets? Any-'

"Kara, calm down! I am fine. Just want to sleep...will you...can you lie down with me?" She asks hesitantly.

I smile as I nod and change into some comfortable clothes in a flash.

I slide under the blanket next to her as I sigh in comfort.

I closed my eyes in relief for a few seconds.

Thanking Rao, that Lena is all right...

If something severe happened to Lena...I...I don't know what I would do. I would never be able to forgive myself, Lena is one of the most important people in my life! I would be lost...and I am not letting that happen to me!

I just got her back, I can't lose her again. As long as I am alive nothing is going to happen to Lena! And I am going to be alive for a long time! So, she is stuck with me!

Happy with that conclusion, I open my eyes to find her kryptonite ones staring at me.

"Why are you staring?" I ask with a teasing smile, as I turn to my right side.

She slowly shakes her head.

"Not staring...I am just...contemplating..."

I raise my brow.

"A dollar for your thoughts?"

She smiled at my choice of words but didn't say anything.

"How you are more of a human than us...how I am so lucky to have you in my life, again. How I was thinking about you every day...every minute, the last six months even if that's the last thing I should have been doing. How I forgave you in a second when I saw you drunk, in that bar. How you sensed I was hurt and flew to me...do you know the worst part?"

"Always...worst, best...anything..." I whispered.

I frowned watching a tear streak down her cheek. I gently wiped it away before caressing her cheek softly.