Ch 17: "Karaoke Night"

Lena Kieran Luthor POV

I groan leaves my throat when I feel sunlight hitting my face, causing me to turn to my side before I freeze when I feel someone's chest under my hand.

What the hell!? Who is in my bed!? I slowly open my eyes to find Aiden sleeping soundly beside me, and just like that, last night's memories hit me like a wave...oh fuck! I did this stupidity and now I am regretting it just like I anticipated.

"I need to get out of here..." I mumble as I turn to my right to see the alarm clock displaying, 6 am. Perfect.

I quickly search the room for my clothes, purse, and phone before heading toward the front door, feeling the full extent of my stupidity as I berate myself for getting myself stuck in this situation! I don't understand what's happening to me!? My emotions, my actions...they are impulsive and reckless. I am not impulsive and reckless.

There must be something wrong! Because honestly why the hell would I sleep with Aiden O'Conner!? I groan as another image of last night flashes through my mind...I shake my head in anger toward myself as I enter the parking lot to see Andrew waiting for me by my car. Wordlessly I enter the car as Andrew drives out of the building.

Thank god! I had the sense to tell Andrew to wait for me in the parking lot after dropping off...oh, fuck! Kara! Did I text her that I was busy and that Andrew would drop her off!?

"Fuckkk..." I mumble in frustration as I hit the car seat angrily before whipping out my phone to call her before I remember...it's 6 a.m. There is no way she is awake unless there is a Supergirl emergency!

I run my hand through my hair in frustration before looking at Andrew through the backview mirror and asking, "Andrew, did Miss Danvers seem odd last night when you dropped her off? Not odd...just...was she upset by any chance?"

He too, looks at me through the mirror for a second before focusing back on the road and replies, "Yes. To be honest, she did look a little distraught and confused too."

I huff as I collapse against the seat, angry at myself. I will talk to her for lunch...no! Breakfast! Yes, I will talk to her at breakfast. It's not like I am going to sleep again anyway...

I pull out my phone to leave her a message,

Me: Good morning and sorry if I woke you but I wanted to ask...

Me: Want to meet at Noonan's for breakfast at 9?

I close my eyes as I rest my head on the seat after sending the texts. I need a shower. And clean clothes.

"Andrew, you can leave after dropping me off. It's Saturday after all. Have a fun weekend!" I say while keeping my eyes closed.

"Thanks, mam. I hope you have a good weekend too!"

Well, that my dear Andrew depends on breakfast! I hope it goes well.

~~~~~~~

"Hey, Lee! Good morning!" Kara greets me as she embraces me in a short hug. I relax knowing even if she is mad, it's not that bad.

"Good morning to you too..." I say as I pull back with a smile before both of us take seats across from each other. But before I could say anything she beat me to it!

"So, let me guess? You called me for breakfast because of last night. And how you ditched me for your...I quote 'my ex-boyfriend and a jerk'. Am I right?" She said with a teasing smile making me groan as I buried my head in my hands.

"I am so sorry, Kara! I had a bad feeling from the start, I promised myself I wouldn't do anything stupid! But I did and I regret it far too much!" I say making her chuckle as she shakes her head with a forced smile...I know her real smile and this isn't it!